We spent Thanksgiving this year at my parents' with Denny's parents too. It was fun having us all together for a few days! It was a gorgeous weekend, with warm temps and sunshine!
Poor Macy Brooks was struck with the awful flu! I could tell it was starting Wednesday night shortly after we arrived. She crawled up in my lap and didn't move. I knew something was weird right there. Thursday morning she awoke burning with fever and terrible body aches. She laid on the couch all day and did not move! I cannot tell you how many times we watched "Sophia the Princess!"
I called her Dr. Thursday morning and she suggested we let her ride it out since she is a very healthy child. It then occurred to me later in the day that Denny was having surgery in 4 days and we probably needed to get this girl healthy so we could keep the scheduled surgery date. I called back and she completely agreed and sent us to urgent care. Dad and I took her and we were in and out in 10 minutes with a RX for Tamiflu. It costs us $100, but she was showing signs of improvement after the first dose. It definitely shortened the length she was down and out. By the next afternoon she was up coloring with Papa Steve for a few minutes.
We all had a good time playing and just being together. Us girls made a pretty big dinner and enjoyed each other's company. Kate had a big time doing "This is the way the Lady rides" with Gigi and wallering around and swinging with her Papas.
![]() |
| Macy Brooks was much better by Saturday! |
I'm obsessed with doing some of the same photo shoots in the same clothes that I did with Macy Brooks. I think it's fun and love comparing their looks! The first 4 pictures are Macy Brooks on Thanksgiving day in 2010. She had way more hair and was running everywhere. She had been for 4 months by now! She would also keep in a bow:)
![]() |
| Mom with Kate 2012 |



















2 comments:
Great pictures! We miss you guys SO, SO much! Poor, poor Macy B. She looks so pitiful. I hope she perks up today, and starts to feel more like her fun-loving self before all of your Christmas activities and church, and that the rest of you stay well!
I loved your Christmas card, and wanted to tell you that the smile and expression on Kate's face in her teal dress looks exactly like one of my most favorite people in the the whole world. I think after you look at it again you'll agree. Grandma Parrish!!!!! It's the same sweet smile she has always had when holding one of her great grandchildren - or us when we were little ones. Eyes lit up and pure joy. I saw that, and called mom to open her card up, and she immediately started laughing - she saw it too. I think little Kate has her own little look and personality to be sure, but I LOVE that she seems to have inherited such an awesome trait from the sweetest and most selfless woman I've ever had the great privilege of knowing. It feels like God's little tribute to Grandma, and such a blessing upon Kate! He's making sure to keep that pure love around for years and years to come. I'd love to know if you see it too. Hugs and kisses to you and the whole family. We can't wait to see you all again. Love you!
Kate is definitly displaying her "Brown" heritage! So sorry Macy Brooks is sick again. I hope she gets well fast and the rest of you don't get it. I love and miss you all. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment