Oh Kate! Where to start?! You are the love of our lives! Ages 1-2 is always one of my favorites. You're still so sweet, cuddly and a little baby like. Yet, you learn and say new things everyday and keep things fun!
You LOVE to sing! It's precious because you can hardly say any of the words, but we definitely know what you're singing! The 2 songs you routinely sing are "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and one of MB's memory verses from CBS, Revelation 1:18.
Everywhere we go, everyone loves you. Even though you've got some sass, people just fall in love with you. I call you feisty and fun :) The ladies at the gym light up when you walk in. And the teachers at church can't get enough Kate. One of them emailed me this pic of you trying to comfort one of your friends who was sad. You are very compassionate and concerned when someone's upset or has a boo boo. When we went to NC to say bye bye to Papa Dewey you just kept kissing his hand where he had a boo boo. Such a sweet girl! After traveling to the beach with friends in May, they told their mom how much they 'missed Kate's kisses' after getting home!
One of my favorite things about you right now is how you squeal and cry when Daddy hugs on me. You even fuss if he reaches over to the passenger seat to love on me. It's pretty funny! When I'm holding another baby you just give me a look like "Mama, I'm the baby," and try to gently weezle your way in between us! Still a huge Mama's girl and I love it! Most nights you prefer me to put you to bed, running away if Daddy's coming for you :)
We've been talking a little about the potty and sitting on it a little, but you're not ready so we'll just take our time!
You're a great sleeper! Bedtime is 7:30-8 and you wake up 12 hours later. I know if you call me in the night, something's really wrong. It rarely happens. You've had a busted ear drum from a terrible infection and I never knew. Teeth have popped in with no change in your happy self. I've even walked in your room in the morning to find you sleeping in throw up and you never called me!! What a tough cookie!
I'm trying not to be concerned about your speech, but did call the Dr. and ask how many words they preferred a 2 year old to have. They said 50-100 with a few 2-word sentences. I started making a list of yours and we are at 40. No 2-word sentences. I have noticed that you're at least trying to say new things now. For awhile, you would just say "Dah!" However, I could tell you to go into the closet, get your shoes and put them in the laundry room and off you go. We communicate just fine and you understand EVERYTHING!
Food is a favorite! You will pretty much eat anything. Chicken is one of the few items you don't eat well. Love ketchup and ranch to dip. The first word from you every morning is "boose" for juice. You're not into TV yet, which is fine with me! Mickey Mouse may hold your attention a few minutes.
Barbie jeep riding and anything else Sissy is doing is what you like to do. I'd say your favorite toy is your baby doll stroller and a purse to fill up and carry around.
You have truly made our family better and I can't imagine it without you! I have told people lately that I'm obsessed with you. Just can't get enough. Can't wait to see you every morning and after each nap. I still carry you on my hip often and never want to let you go! I know it will happen and pray feverishly you will fall deeply in love with Jesus.








No comments:
Post a Comment