Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Visiting Brooks

I'm blogging this short story so I can always remember it.

Macy Brooks and I went to visit her brother and put out spring flowers for him. It was a gorgeous day and we had enjoyed a great morning together. We trotted up that sidewalk looking at all the pretty arrangements along with stopping to look at bugs and lizards:)

The cemetery where our son is buried is super nice (and big) so I usually feel comfortable there. I guess I was distracted by my toddler in tow, because I did not do my usual and "be conscious of my surrounding." AKA....look around and make sure we were safe.

About 3 minutes into the flower arranging and tidying up, Macy Brooks became extra loving and cuddly. She just wanted to hug on me and kept giving me kisses. I wasn't crying or visibly upset this visit so I'm not sure what got into her. It's like she knew exactly what was going on. Then I got very weirded out when I realized I didn't check our surroundings. So... I don't know if she picked up on "momma's being quiet, she needs a few hugs and kisses," or "we're in a weird place and I better stay close."

I scooped up my girl and surveyed our area. There was a man not too far away who seemed to be minding his own. We quickly finished our flower arranging and headed back down the sidewalk. I turned as we were leaving and saw him glancing our way. It was a little creepy!

But I'm choosing to think that MB knew her momma needed extra love during those minutes and chose to give it to me! Isn't she the sweetest:)

No comments: