Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Providential Relationships-one of Brooks' purposes


God is amazing. He sets up these relationships to help us along the way. He knows who we need when we need them.

Providential Relationships- people who play a significant role along life's journey. 

It's one of the 5 things God uses to grow your faith. This was the sermon series going on at our church when Brooks passed away. Andy ended up speaking about us the day after the funeral in part 5, Pivotal Circumstances. 

Back in January we joined a new small group. We got off to a rough start. Just a couples weeks into the group, one of the husbands committed suicide. It was so terrible, unfathomable. But we were able to walk through(and continue) that with the wife. The group continued for a little while and the group leaders found out they were moving. The group dis-banded after only a few months when they usually last 2 years. Shortly before the group ended, one of the couples found out they were having their first baby. We were able to rejoice with them! 

A couple weeks ago that baby girl was born too early, at 27 weeks. Today she passed away and joined Brooks in Heaven. 

The mom texted last week saying I saved her life and helped her baby get here alive. By sharing our pivotal circumstance and pushing moms to call their doctors and make them get to the bottom of things  kept her going back to the dr 4 times in 3 days insisting something wasn't right. And it wasn't. She was starting to die. Her liver was leaking bile into the rest of her body and poisoning her. They had no choice but to deliver.

I'm truly not trying to brag, I just find it crazy that we were put in a small group for just a few months and now that we both have babies in Heaven, I'm able to be there for her like few others can. God knew the group wouldn't last, but that we would need each other.

Another friend asked me tonight if I get tired or weary when others call me to be there for others in situations like these. In all honesty, it can be tiring. But, like I told her, if Brooks can be used for good and be given a purpose, I'm all for it. I know how others were there for me and if I can be that person for someone else, that is great. I like knowing God carried us to this point and gave us a son with a purpose. A big purpose.

Thank you God for Brooks, for your mercy, for this small group, for providential relationships, pivotal circumstances and for this baby girl you called home all too soon.

If you read this, please pray for this grieving family. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ashly, I know this is no fun, but it is truly awesome that God is allowing you to connect these dots and see this bigger picture. You were chosen in His perfect will to be Brooks' mom, just as He chose your sweet friend to be the mommy of Heaven's newest angel. You understand, as few can, and are models of hope for their future as they walk through the darkest of their days.
Thank you for being such a good mommy to Brooks and a faithful servant of our God. He is so proud of you.