Kate is 18 months tomorrow and finally WALKING!!! She took off around December 15th. And now she's trying to run. It's hysterical to watch someone run with straight legs! When she's diaperless (after rolling away and taking off) she's feisty and on the run till you catch her. She loves grabbing bags or purses and carrying them around. Once she gets it on her arm she comes up to me and says "bye bye" with the cutest wave you've ever seen:) I'm not sure where she goes all the time!
These sister truly love each other and I love watching them love each other. Of course, they have their moments when Kate is just crabby or Macy Brooks is too rough, but usually they're best friends!
Kate has 7 teeth including 1 molar with 3 others on their way in. The molars have been rough. I can tell she's in pain and just not feeling great. Runny nose and diaper rash has accompanied these new teeth. We are both ready for them to be in and Kate to feel 100% again. I noticed the other day that one of her teeth on the bottom right looks like 1 tooth that is split in 2, but not completely. I can't tell if it's 2 teeth joined at the bottom or what's going on. I'm eager to find out what's up.
On Wednesday this little one has her 18 month checkup. I think she's around 22 pounds and also seems on the tall side. She's really slimming down after starting to walk, but still loves to eat. She uses sign language regularly to say "eat," "please," "more" and "all done." She knows almost all her body parts and is starting to say new words every week. This week she said "love you" and it was too precious! She lowers her sweet voice and says it so delicately. I also heard her first sentence 2 weeks ago. We were heading out and she said "bye dog!" It's fascinating to me how much Kate understands, communicates and makes her wishes known with such a little vocabulary. When someone or something disappears she throws up those arms by her ears and makes a funny noise. She's always asking "where" something went. When I bring her out of her room in the morning and after naps, that's the first thing she does. Kate's wondering where her sister is! She seems smart to me:-)
This little sweetie is our big climber! She's all over the stairs, couch and playground much earlier than her sister was. Which is funny, because she's also so cuddly! She doesn't always have to be down, but is content to sit with you and snuggle. She still puts her head on my shoulder and pats my back several times a day. Love her hugs!
I love you baby girl!
Oh, Macy Brooks! What to say about this vibrant, funny little girl of mine! You LOVE life!
Macy Brooks' behavior is still on the up and up! Thanks goodness:) She was rotten for the first few months after she turned 3. I'm glad she's back to her sweet self. I laugh out loud daily at this girl! A few funnies:
When they pulled our car around after getting an oil change this week, she announced "My carriage is ready!" Haha! She's always telling me, "princesses don't wear pants," or "princesses don't sleep with blankies." Not ready for her to give up that blanky!
I was on the phone with my mom this week and she wanted to talk to Papa. I kept saying "hold on, let me talk to Nini first." So her and Kate went in my closet and shut the door and started playing. After mom and I got done talking, I told mom we'd call Papa back when we got in the car. We were starting to run behind and I still had to dry my hair. Since they were playing so well, I just hung up and started drying. Macy Brooks heard that hair dryer come on and she whipped open that door and gave me the stink eye while saying "I said I want to talk to PAPA!" and then she slammed the door back! I laughed so hard, I could hardly hold the hair dryer.
When she wakes up, whether it's morning or afternoon, she says "Good Morgan" It sounds so funny!
She still gets a kick out of calling us "Mr. Denny" and "Ms. Ashly."
When we read books, sometimes she'll have us use a different character's name. Today we were reading a Cinderella book and she made me call her "Belle." She thinks it's hilarious!
And my favorite from this month:
I was laying with her for a few minutes before bedtime and she says, "Momma, can I sleep with you when Daddy goes on a date?" Haha! I said "you mean when he's gone for work?" "yes, yes, can I sleep with you then?"
This girl makes friends with anyone and everyone! It's one of my favorite qualities about her. She's never met a stranger and plays with a new friend everywhere we go. Her "best" friend is still Gia:) They don't get to see each other as much since they moved 30 minutes away, but we still try to get them together often! They are so different, but really love each other. She's also made some great friends from school & CBS, including, Quinn, Caroline, Emily and Roman. And we love our awesome neighborhood buddies, Aidan, McKenzie, Ryder and Kate (another one!).
School is going great! In her fall evaluation, she got rave reviews! Ms. Sara said she "takes correction well." I thought....hmm, she never throws herself on the floor like she does for me? ha!
We were told to work on cutting so we are and she's getting better. Tonight she counted to 30 for me and she's been showing interest in learning how to read. Macy Brooks favorite thing to play at home is school. Usually I'm Ms. Sara and she sets up the chairs with babies or animals to represent all the students. It can be quite a long game, including snack time, PE(living room wrestling), craft time, music class, and chapel(reading bible stories). Sometimes she tells me to call her her friends' names. We even act out carpool line where we put on her coat and get her bag and she goes outside to "her carriage." Her and I have been good about having quality time at least every Mon, Wed. and Fri. after Kate goes down at 12:45. We play school, play a game, run around outside, do sidewalk chalk, blow bubbles, color, paint or make a craft together with no distractions until 2:00. We both look forward to that one on one time.
I'm so impressed with Macy Brooks' big heart. She lives life to the fullest and loves big. I rarely see her not share with Kate. Today for instance: We went to get ice cream. MB got a cone and Kate got a doughnut munchkin. Of course Kate was done really quick and was begging for MB's ice cream. That girl happily handed over her cone and shared the rest with Kate. She looks out for others and is really becoming aware of feelings.
I love you big girl! You can stop growing so quickly:)










No comments:
Post a Comment