Unfortunately, I've had to the opportunity to do the same to too many moms who are missing their babies. I meet/call/email with them to help minister to them, but it also helps me. Soooo much!
Now that we are 4.5 years into the grief and it's been so long since Brooks was here, the conversation opportunities to talk about him are much less frequent. When I'm with a mom who's lost her baby, I get to talk about Brooks all day long and I love doing that! Talking about him keeps his memories alive. Every mom likes to talk about their kids. Even if they are with Jesus.
I think of Brooks about 5-10 times per day, EVERYDAY. I still remember every detail surrounding the dreadful dr. apppt, going home to re-pack, labor, delivery, napping with him on my chest, leaving the hospital empty handed, sleepless nights after and the physical ache in my heart like it was last week. But, daily life with 2 busy girls, running a ministry, working part time, keeping this house together and being a wife doesn't exactly lend itself to lots of Brooks talk.
I met a mom last week and we talked for 3 hours! It was so good to share, cry and grieve together. I hate there are other moms and families going through this awfulness, but it is nice to share details no one else would understand. We are strangers, yet have so much in common. We can tell each other anything instantly and know the other will understand. God calls us to carry each other's burdens and I'm so thankful He does. I'm thankful women did it for me 4.5 years ago and that I can now do it for others. Galatians 6:2 "2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
If any blog readers hear of a mom experiencing anything similar to what my family has been through, feel free to send them to the blog, email or call me! I am glad God has brought me on the other side and I can use Brooks to show God's glory. God didn't cause Brooks to die, but he did allow it. And He does bring all things together for His glory- Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
MISS YOU BUDDY!!!!

3 comments:
You are a remarkable individual. I wish I could give you a bug hug. I feel blessed to know you.
Great post babe. I am extremely proud of you and can't believe I get to call you my wife.
Thank you again for helping me after we lost Caleb and then for walking with me through Abigail's pregnancy. That was so hard and to have someone who had been through it and made it out alive helped me so much! Keep on doing what youre doing and sharing your story!
Post a Comment