Our family arrived home from a little getaway on Saturday night before Easter. Awaiting the girls was a basket of goodies from Papa Dewey and Mamaw. It was such a fun box! The girls each got a hat, dress, yummy snacks, books and puzzles!
One of the best things in the box was the bubble wrap! This was their first experience with popping it. They played with the bubble wrap for almost an hour! We taped it to the floor and they hopped, jumped and drove the tricycle over it. They LOVED it!
Sunday morning, the girls woke up to just a few things in their Easter baskets. Denny and I never mentioned Easter bunny. So it was funny when people kept asking them if the Easter bunny came. One time, Macy Brooks, looked at me with big eyes and said "Mama, was there a bunny in our house?" hahaha! I personally struggle with Christmas and Easter becoming about Santa and the bunny, so we try our best to minimize those things. I was a little nervous about explaining Jesus' death and resurrection, but we did it simply and factually and she took it so well. I love child like faith! No big questions, just took it like it is. Kate got a book, bathing suit, dress and water bottle. She also had 3 eggs filled with a few m & m's. Macy Brooks received the same bathing suit, dress, Strawberry Shortcake movie and 3 eggs.
Such a big girl trying on her new suit!
I grabbed these dresses off the Target clearance rack and they both love them! Macy Brooks has worn hers about 3x a week since Easter. Couldn't believe they had the same dress in their right size on clearance!
We then got dressed for church. Macy Brooks wore the same dress as last year and Kate wore the dress that MB wore 2 years ago. They looked very sweet.
My parents met us at church and then came home to a lunch together. We cooked ham with cranberry sauce, asparagus and squash casserole. It was yummy!
Little fun outside before heading up for rest time!

















1 comment:
So cute! I love Macy B in the hat! :o) I can't believe how fast they are growing it was SO good to see y'all last weekend! :o)
Post a Comment