Thursday, May 16, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

 We went strawberry pickin' today and had the best time! A pool date was supposed to happen with Kelli and Caroline, but when the sun never came out we knew it'd be too cold. I threw out the strawberry picking idea and we went with it! Last minute plans always turn out the best! Only problem was I had to take all these pics on my phone! Missed my camera!

1st up was the strawberry field. It was filled with bright, juicy berries! Kate had the best time. Against my better judgement she ate at least 20 strawberries. I preferred to wash them first, but there was no stopping her. Strawberry juice was dripping down her chin and both arms. I didn't hear her say a word for 30 minutes! She was so content munching the goodness :)
See Mama?


I could EAT. HER. UP.


Little friends


Not sure what this face is about!
Next up was the petting zoo area. The girls LOVED this! They had the cutest animals. Bunnies, goats, roosters, chickens, peacock(who's feathers stayed fanned the whole time!), baby chicks and alpacas. We fed and loved on all of them. I bet we stayed up there for 30 minutes of more. Kelli and I were obsessed with the baby goat! He was still wobbly, couldn't have been more than a couple days old. He kept trying to nurse, but his mama wasn't having it. She kept walking away! Poor baby!


How cute!
On to the jumpies! They had several new ones this year and the girls had the best time. I caught Macy Brooks on video helping Kate and looking out for her several times. She's truly a great big sister! Love how she helps Kate over and then Kate just disappears into the jumpy!





  




Last up was this corn kernel pit. Like a sand box but with corn kernels. They LOVED this! Just had to keep them from throwing them (Macy Brooks) and eating them (Kate).




We washed these babies soon after we got home! Don't they look delicious:) Yummy! Thankful for another great day and fun memories with my girls!

No comments: