Katers~
I was telling someone the other day that you are just a mix of everything. You are snuggly and independent, you are stubborn and want to do it yourself, but also flexible and go with the flow. You love to sleep, but can do without. I guess you're just well-rounded like that!
You are a little slow to talk, but have no problem communicating. Words you are currently saying: mama, dada, sissy, dog, sierra (erra), nini, papa, gigi, yes, no, night night, paci, bubble,kiss, oh no, whoops, nose, flower, bye bye, down, please, thank you (just make the inflection in your voice-pretty funny!), outside, ice, water, diaper, glasses, cow, cat, woof, roar, lion and see. Not a whole lot of words for an almost 2 year old, but you understand EVERYTHING and tell us stuff that we somehow understand.
I'd never heard you say ice before until the other day. We had a babysitter who called me while we were away. She told me you fell off the kitchen chair and bonked your head on the hardwood floor. She had put ice on it and wanted to know if she needed to do anything else. Daddy and I arrived home after bedtime so I didn't see you until the next morning. I walked in and said "good morning" and you said "ice" and pointed to your head! So smart!
Kisses are your thing. You love to hand them out! Always kissing people on the mouth or sometimes you'll say "kiss" and that means for us to give you our cheeks on both sides. If you can't reach our face, you just kiss our leg or arm or shoulder-whatever you can get to! Such a loving girl!
You absolutely hate to have your teeth brushed, I end up laying you back on my lap so I can do it and you cover your eyes with your hands. You LOVE to eat and be naked. You know when you're doing something you're not supposed to and get this sneaky grin on your face. You went to the ocean in early May and you hated it! Very scared of the waves and clung to me anytime we were on the beach. In late May, we went back and you did much better! Better love the beach if you're in this family:)
You are BUSY, so busy! Climbing, destroying, playing, running, wallowing and being silly! Macy Brooks was busy, but I think you've taken it to a new level. Your sister is your favorite person (you know, besides mama). She makes you laugh so hard! Not a day goes by that you don't try to do what she's doing. Hoping that will work in our favor for using the potty soon!
Our favorite thing you do these days is nod your head yes. It's not just a little head shake, but a violent and forceful yes motion. It's ADORABLE! When you are asked to do something you don't want to do, you don't usually scream and cry, but lay face down silently and don't move. It's a silent fit! I guess you're thinking that if you don't look or say anything you won't have to do it.
You are one of my favorite people on this planet! I pray you will choose Jesus and become dangerous for Him! Cannot get enough of you. You light up our days and can't imagine life without you in it! I love you!!!
Macy Brooks~
Oh my little love bug! You are the coolest almost 4 year old around! I'm really looking forward to 4. The early months of 3 were rough, but the closer we get to 4, the better conversations and more fun we have!
You're still a social butterfly always asking where we're going or who we will play with! You're favorite friends are Aidan, Caroline and Gia. Aidan is our backyard neighbor and you guys are little best buddies. It's so fun watching you guys drive around in your motorized jeeps. Y'all have so much fun and rarely fight! You ask to play with Caroline daily and we see her several times per week. Dress-up is one of y'all's favorite activities! Since Gia moved away we don't get to see her as much, but you still call her one of your best friends:)
Our pool is open and you are a fantastic swimmer! Always wanting me to watch you! It took you a little bit to go down the slide this year, but once you did we couldn't get you off. I'm sure we will be there a lot this summer. It may be a long summer with you my love. The SECOND you get hot or even get close to sweating you come up to me and tell me "you're sweatin' " and "where's the shade?" I've learned to warn you that it's going to be hot and we're not going to complain! That and ponytails seem to help :)
Kate is definitely one of your best friends! If she's sleeping, you are asking when she'll wake up and if you can "go get her." You do a great job of looking after her. Love watching you guys hold hands and giggle uncontrollably! When Kate is crying, you immediately start singing 'ABC's". It's like a reflex. And it almost always calms her down! Love it! You know Kate loves dogs so you are sure to point them out to her anytime one's around.
We've been working on writing and reading, and it's going really well. You read many words and can also spell a few like bat, hat, love, cat, mom, dad and Kate. Papa Dewey and Mamaw gave you the leap frog pen and books for Christmas and it's a great tool. I keep a dry erase board in the kitchen and you often trace letters and practice writing while I prepare meals.
You are still a mama's girl but you are loving daddy so much too! When you get hurt and he's home, you choose him to comfort you! You probably get hurt around 10 times per day!! Pretty sure you got your mom and Nini's clumsy streak!
You're still one of the funniest little people I've ever known! Love to be silly! Babies and Mommies is your favorite game right now. You are the mommy and I'm the baby of course. We play pretend and you like to put me to bed, I cry and call you and make you rub me. I'm glad you like to pretend. You and Kate both love riding the Barbie jeep all over the place. Tricycle riding is also up there on the list! Kate rides on the back and you guys giggle all the way. You're pretty much up for anything anytime. Doc McStuffins and Sophia the 1st are your favorite shows. You now know how to work the remote and turn your own shows on. You also love to "text people" and know my phone number. You are very smart and catch on to everything very quickly.
Macy Brooks~
Oh my little love bug! You are the coolest almost 4 year old around! I'm really looking forward to 4. The early months of 3 were rough, but the closer we get to 4, the better conversations and more fun we have!
You're still a social butterfly always asking where we're going or who we will play with! You're favorite friends are Aidan, Caroline and Gia. Aidan is our backyard neighbor and you guys are little best buddies. It's so fun watching you guys drive around in your motorized jeeps. Y'all have so much fun and rarely fight! You ask to play with Caroline daily and we see her several times per week. Dress-up is one of y'all's favorite activities! Since Gia moved away we don't get to see her as much, but you still call her one of your best friends:)
![]() |
| You and Aidan at Chill Hill celebrating your star student award |
![]() |
| You and Caroline at the park |
| You and C at a school event |
We've been working on writing and reading, and it's going really well. You read many words and can also spell a few like bat, hat, love, cat, mom, dad and Kate. Papa Dewey and Mamaw gave you the leap frog pen and books for Christmas and it's a great tool. I keep a dry erase board in the kitchen and you often trace letters and practice writing while I prepare meals.
You are still a mama's girl but you are loving daddy so much too! When you get hurt and he's home, you choose him to comfort you! You probably get hurt around 10 times per day!! Pretty sure you got your mom and Nini's clumsy streak!
You're still one of the funniest little people I've ever known! Love to be silly! Babies and Mommies is your favorite game right now. You are the mommy and I'm the baby of course. We play pretend and you like to put me to bed, I cry and call you and make you rub me. I'm glad you like to pretend. You and Kate both love riding the Barbie jeep all over the place. Tricycle riding is also up there on the list! Kate rides on the back and you guys giggle all the way. You're pretty much up for anything anytime. Doc McStuffins and Sophia the 1st are your favorite shows. You now know how to work the remote and turn your own shows on. You also love to "text people" and know my phone number. You are very smart and catch on to everything very quickly.
Barbie jeep fun in February. Love Kate holding on to the side!















1 comment:
I can't believe how fast they are growing! :) Time really is slipping by so quickly! They are so sweet and we just love it when we get to see ya! :)
Post a Comment