Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Funny Conversations with Macy Brooks

Macy Brooks keeps me laughing! This girl is a trip!

Yesterday was a rough behavior day....STILL working on obeying the FIRST time! Trying to be consistent, but sometimes we just can't get it. I was getting on to her all day, which is not fun for either of us. We were in my bathroom getting ready to go to the YMCA and I learned something...

Me: "Macy Brooks, I've had to get on to you all day, what's going on? 

MB: (very calm and collected) "Well, I just want to do things my way." 

Oh really!! Don't we all! Being 3.5 is ROUGH!


And today at the pool we were playing and having great quality time (and her behavior has been awesome!) when another funny convo happened. 

She figured out she can touch in the 3 foot area so she was bouncing around swimming and standing so I started to pretend cry....

Me: (kinda telling Kate about it) "Macy Brooks doesn't need me anymore, I'm so sad. She can touch and doesn't need her mama!" 

MB: "I have news for ya."
ME: "What's that?" (still crying)

MB: " I'm getting BIG!" 

more pretend crying ensues and MB goes on... 

"But, I'll still be your daughter for a lot of days!" 

You are so sweet! Thanks for comforting Mama, that even though you're getting big, you'll always be my daughter and little girl! I love you so much, bugga boo! 

No comments: