Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kate turns 3!

And just like that our baby turns 3! We arrived home from the beach the day before Kate's birthday so we used PNO at the YMCA for date night to run around and get her a few balloons and come home and wrap her gifts. She received a new bike, some bubble bath and a bubble gun. Macy Brooks gave her a new Minnie Mouse dress up gown! 

Kate woke up and was acting so weird about opening her gifts! She did love the gown though.







 Kate does not love being sung 'happy birthday' to. She hides every time! 




Sunday night we invited our dear friends to meet us at Catch Air. It's a great indoor place with several bounce houses and fun things.  Kate loves Carmen! It's so fun to watch their friendship blossom.




These girls! So cute!!

Roman and Macy Brooks have been friends for awhile now!


My Dearest Kate,

I love you so incredibly much! You are a true joy and I'm so thankful God placed you in this family. Everyone that meets you just loves you. Even when you're being a stinker, it's hard not to smile. You adore your sister! Every now and then you call her Macy Brooks, but it's usually still 'sissy.' If you wake up from your nap and she's out in the yard with friends you always say, "where's MY sissy?" I love the possession of it! We have been working on learning your letters the last half of summer and you know A-G and K very well. You know all your colors and shapes and can count to 13. You may not be where your sister was at 3, but you are very smart. You've been counting things for over a year. You're very emotionally smart. It's hard to describe, but you are. 

One of your favorite things to play is 'babies and mommies.' You are of course the mommy and every one else in the family is your baby. You enjoy books, but only at nap or bedtime so we read several at each bedtime. We have had fun swimming this year. You're not quite as brave as last summer and it took you several weeks before you'd trust your float! You finally trust it and swim all over wearing it. I just convinced you to jump into the pool on your own last week! Your gross motor skills are excellent! Love climbing and jumping and dominating playground equipment. Going 'way up in the sky' on swings is a favorite. 

'Why' is definitely the most used word right now. You even use it when it doesn't really make sense. If you ask me what color something is and I say brown, you say 'why?'! It can be exhausting, but we try to make it a learning experience and fill up our little sponge! 

You are starting to like Daddy much more! Not that you didn't like him before, but you always preferred me to do things for you and now it's more even. You transitioned to your big girl bed like a champ back in June. We painted your room light blue and it looks so soft and sweet. You call us when you want to get up and we've had no issues with you getting up. 

Hearing you say the blessing at meal times is amazing! You say it so sweet and fold those little hands. I need to get a video! I love you sweet cheeks and pray over you every night. I pray you will accept the free gift God has to offer and will ask Jesus to live in your heart. That you will be kind and loving to every one you meet. I want Jesus to shine through you. I love you!

1 comment:

Dez said...

Yes, you MUST video the blessing. So sweet!