Monday, August 18, 2014

Macy Brooks turns 5!

Whoa! Our love bug is 5! Hard to believe.

 

To our lovely Macy Brooks,
There are no words to tell you how much I love you. You are beautiful, kind, funny and a delight to be around. Your brother made me a mom, but you made me the kind of mom I've always wanted to be. When I was growing up people would ask me what I wanted to be and my response was..."a mom." And you made that dream come true. I was definitely a mom to your big brother, but it's not the same when you don't get to mother him. I get to mother you and for that I am eternally grateful.

When I was having my quiet time with Jesus this morning it led me to Psalm 21. My Bible tells me the theme is, 'Praising God after victory in battle. When God answers our prayers for victory, we must quickly and openly thank him for his help.'

Your pregnancy was, unfortunately, like a battle. I battled Satan the whole time who told me I'd never have a living child and other nasty lies. As soon as you were born crying I thanked God over and over for the battle he won. That battle victory brought me so much joy. Psalm 21:1 says, '....How great is his joy in the victories you give!' And  that is TRUTH!

You are obsessed with your Daddy. You love me, but you cannot get enough Daddy. To be honest, it's a little frustrating how you wake up too early each weekday to try and see him before he leaves for work. Even though we promise you every night that Daddy will wake you and have breakfast with you. He's the one you usually want when you're hurt. I'm so thankful you guys are close! He loves you more than life.


This fall you are signed up for soccer and Daddy will be your coach. You're both pumped! You will go to school 1 day a week to Veritas and they provide us with the assignments to complete the rest of the week. We are both excited about homeschooling. We have made several new friends already and we both love your new teacher. We have completed 2 days so far of math, reading and writing and it's going really well.



It would not surprise me at all if you lived near the beach when you grow up. You LOVE it. Playing with you in the ocean is one of my highlights every summer. When you're in your element of swimming and playing in the wide open space you constantly say "I love you, Mama!" You started swimming very well before you turned 3 and now you are very strong. You've swam all over the pool this summer and I haven't had to worry.

I'm so proud of your manners! After saying 'yes ma'am' and no ma'am for a couple years now, you finally say it on your own (usually). Most of the time you are very polite and kind. You make friends with everyone! You have a lot of friends and seem to get a long with so many people.



This summer you have improved on riding your bike. You can stand up and pedal now when you're stuck and go pretty fast. There's even been talk of trying without training wheels soon. I hate to say it, but you are so clumsy like your mama. It's awful how many times per week you hurt yourself!


Dresses and skirts ONLY! Don't even think of asking you to wear anything else. EVER! Suggesting you wear pants or shorts is completely ludicrous to you. The facial expressions I get if I even mention wearing shorts to a park is hilarious! Flip flops is your shoe choice everyday. No cute sandals or fun shoes. But, that's ok. So fun how girly and tomboy you are. Such a great mix.



Kate is your best friend. You are a superstar of a big sister. She really admires you and wants to be like you. I pray you set a great example for her and ya'll are always close. When you guys play, it's restaurant, family or running around in the backyard.



This summer has brought so much maturity. I love our conversations and just hanging out together. We are so much alike personality wise, it's downright scary! You surprise me with questions sometimes. We will be riding in the car and all of a sudden it's "did Brooks like to eat ice cream before he died?" Your mind is always working. You love to ask about Brooks. I'm very thankful you think of him often. I'm always thinking of him too.






 






Happiest of birthdays, my love. I am so proud of you and could not love you more! You are my favorite 5 year old. Thanks for being you. Looking forward to the next 50 years with you! 

2 comments:

Dez said...

<3 <3 <3

This blog is such a treasure. Your children are going to appreciate having these memories, so lovingly written, to look back upon. Love you!

- Desiree

Unknown said...

So sweet! Have fun being 5, MB!!