Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kate learns to swim

The end of Kate's summer looked completely different than the beginning. She loved the water in May, but was TERRIFIED for anyone to let go of her. 

I just assumed she would love the pool and have no fear after watching her do this at 22 months: 




She could be wearing floaties, laying on a float and holding a noodle and would scream like crazy if you took your hands away. Then late June came and Kate was fine with floating. I was standing next to her in the shallow while she was wearing her puddle jumper when she suddenly lifts her feet and says, "Mama, I'm floa-d-en!"  It was the cutest thing ever! 

Fast forward to August and she completely teaches herself to swim one day when we had the pool to ourselves. It was awesome! It's a great feeling to be so proud of your kid, you think your heart will burst!! 





No comments: