Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday, Macy Brooks!

Our little sweet pea turned 6 today!! School's already in session so she went to school after opening a flying fairy, new skirt and shirt, and a new nightgown. I met her for lunch and brought Chick-fil-A and a cookie cake for her to share with the class later in the afternoon. I finally got to meet her new friend Taylor and snap a picture of her in her 1st grade desk! After school we went to Monkey Joe's with a different Taylor and then home for a pancake dinner! It was a fun day of celebrating. 


My beauty's last night's sleep as a 5 year old! 


1st grade is gong to be an awesome year! 


Izzy on the left and Taylor on the right




Just the normal laying on the kitchen floor with sister


Looking extra cute!



Oh sweet love! I wrote on Facebook that a huge piece of my heart was healed 6 years ago at 5:00 PM when I heard the most joyous baby cries! I tell people often, that the happiest year of my life was when you were born. Labor and delivery was just magical and I enjoyed every minute of your baby days. I am incredibly proud of the lady you are becoming. 

You're not the typical first born personality (because you're not! ha!), but you do like to please. You're especially well behaved for other adults and teachers. The behavior at home is going well too! Ages 4-5 was a little rough, but I can tell we're turnng a corner for the best!


Macy Brooks, you have a big heart. You're a good friend to those around you. You still make friends easily and have many of them. School friends, neighborhood friends, YMCA friends; they're everywhere! 


Kate was cracking us up at Monkey Joe's today!


Your sense of humor is just awesome. Making us laugh is something you do every day! When I was volunteering one day for your Kindergarten class, a boy class mate of yours said, "you know, Ms. Ashly, Macy Brooks is pretty funny!" It was so wonderful to hear kind words about you from a friend!

Those manners! So great :) You are so good at responding with 'yes ma'am, or 'no ma'am' and not answering me with 'what' and saying 'ma'am' if you don't hear me the first time. Very proud of you! You are a great help around the house. You help unload the dishwasher, pick up toys, keep your room clean and your bed made. I'm glad you're learning more and more responsibility. 



I must say, you LOVE your little sister. Y'all are true best friends. Watching you guys each day is amazing. If I'm not around, you really turn into a little mama. Taking care of her, treating her like your baby. And she totally lets you. She adores you and wants to be just like you. Some days while you're at school I say "what would you like for breakfast?" and all she says is, "what did Sissy have? I'll have that!" 


We really enjoy watching you play sports. You seem to have a natural athletic ability. You learned to ride a 2 wheeler in about 5 minutes, have some serious speed on the soccer field and have become quite the softball hitter. Watching you this past softball season was great. You were so into every play and knew right where the out should be before the batter hit the ball!


I love you so much, Macy Brooks Tucker! You are a true joy and I am thankful God chose me to be your mama!

No comments: