Happy 5 month birthday Brooks.
Some anniversary dates have been hard and some have been like any other day. 5 months has been a hard day. I'm not sure why this one has stuck out, but my heart has been heavy today. It started with a little wake up in the middle of the night and who knows why, but the date struck me down like a lightening bolt. I realized what today 'should have' looked like and I spent the next hour or so crying and thinking. And missing. And longing. I slept a little longer till the alarm went off and the tears came again. I haven't had a day where I break down a lot in a long time so I suppose I was due.
No profound words here. Just missing our sweet boy. Thank you for any prayers of strength and peace that offered up today.
12 years ago
11 comments:
I think of you OFTEN! I am praying for you!! I am glad you got to see Natalie while she was in town. Natalie said it was so much fun seeing everyone.
You and other moms who have lost their children are always in my prayers!!
love you Ashly...praying for you always!
oh ashly, my heart is just so heavy for you. thinking about you and praying, praying, praying.
i wanted to leave you my email.
jennifer.willis@gmail.com
Praying for you.....
Love,
Tonya
Still praying for you... thinking of you guys nad yoru sweet Brooks so often...
Ashly,
I noticed that Denny updated his facebook profile today and included this blog site. The name of it was cute and peaked my interest so I came to look at it and see what has been going on with you and Denny since the days of seeing you out at the Silverbacks soccer fields and words can't even describe how sorry I am to hear about what you guys have been through and are still going through. You are a brave person to bare your soul about this to so many people. I wish both of you the best in continuing to heal your broken hearts.
It took me a while today to figure out how to post a comment here and the above comment is from me - only I didn't realize it had posted before I changed my display name.
Praying for you, Ashly.
My heart aches with yours tonight.
hi Ashley - a friend of katie g's here - look at psalm 13 - it starts with lamenting and ends with a praise of God's enduring love - my fave. it is a hard time for me right now too as my twins would have been born this week. I think of you often - Kate catherineshearne@yahoo.com
Praying for you. Always.
Post a Comment