While we were at the beach, D and I kept this little cutie while his parents ran out one night. I was holding him and then it was time for Miss MB to eat so D and I switched babies. I'm feeding our daughter and I happen to glance over to the sofa where my hubby sits holding Mr. K. Sweet little baby boy is propped up over Denny's shoulder and they were just hanging out. As I looked their way I was struck by the view of D holding a baby boy. Tears rushed to my eyes and I had to fight hard to hold them back. Now why would it upset me so much to see him holding K? I see him snuggling Macy Brooks all the time and grief never strikes me in that fashion. So weird. I'm pretty sure I can expect things like that to happen for the rest of my life. I just don't think it will ever completely go away. I miss my son.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Surprise Sadness
While we were at the beach, D and I kept this little cutie while his parents ran out one night. I was holding him and then it was time for Miss MB to eat so D and I switched babies. I'm feeding our daughter and I happen to glance over to the sofa where my hubby sits holding Mr. K. Sweet little baby boy is propped up over Denny's shoulder and they were just hanging out. As I looked their way I was struck by the view of D holding a baby boy. Tears rushed to my eyes and I had to fight hard to hold them back. Now why would it upset me so much to see him holding K? I see him snuggling Macy Brooks all the time and grief never strikes me in that fashion. So weird. I'm pretty sure I can expect things like that to happen for the rest of my life. I just don't think it will ever completely go away. I miss my son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish that I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't. I just wanted to let you that I am continually praying for you!
Ashly...I am so sorry and will continue to pray for ya'll! I know that sweet baby girl is brining you so much joy...she is a cutie! We love you!
Love you Ashly and wish I had the right thing to say other than its ok to cry and miss Brooks. We love you and pray for you still. Kiss sweet MB!!
"Why does it bring you to tears when you see Denny holding a sweet baby boy?" Because you wish so much that he was holding Brooks. So do I.
I've actually been thinking about this a lot in the last couple of weeks, and I am going to pray specifically for you to allow yourself the grief you need. MB didn't replace Brooks. She's a round peg in the square-shaped hole that was Brooks. She fills it, but not completely.
You are fully allowed to continue to grieve Brooks. Don't feel that just b/c you have MB now you shouldn't still miss your son.
Love you, Ashly. Praying for you when I put my sweet ones to sleep at night...
Post a Comment