Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day




As you can tell these two ADORE each other! And I adore watching them together. I've been incredibly emotional today. I just feel like crying! No sad tears here, only happy ones:)

I just can't explain what it's like to be married to Denny and finally getting to watch him be a great Daddy. He truly gives Macy Brooks his all, but still manages to put me and our marriage first. Keeping children second to each other was a main topic of conversation between us during our pregnancies. So far, we seem to be doing a good job of accomplishing that.

Daddy showers baby girl with lots of cuddles and kisses and constantly tells her he loves her. It's music to my ears!

These 2 are always having fun together. Daddy makes her laugh so easily. When he arrives home in the evenings she's usually in her high chair having dinner and just loves to see him come around the corner. Her face lights up with excitement and the fun begins right away.

I love these two! I'm overwhelmed with a grateful heart at how hard this man works for his family. He's been traveling a lot lately, which makes quality family time hard. Being able to stay home with this girl and be the primary one to raise her is an incredible opportunity. And it couldn't be done without a hard working daddy. No number of thank you's could get my thankfulness across!

My own daddy is an amazing man too! He's one of the most generous people I know. Some of my best childhood memories include my dad. Talk about fun, that man is fun. He was always goofing around with me. We'd get treats or do something out of the ordinary and he's say "don't tell your momma!" It made me feel so special to be sharing secrets with him!

Happy Father's Day to my Grandpa! He's one of the godliest men I know. I love him so much! And to my father in law, thank you for raising such a wonderful man. You did good work. I love that you are always up for anything and keep yourself so young!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Macy B is beautiful!

Desiree said...

She is gorgeous and takes beautiful pictures!

Stephanie says said...

She is growing so fast! I think Denny has some kind of magic...all the kids flock to him! It is so cute to see him and Macy B together!

Unknown said...

Ashly,
Your sweet girl is SOOO adorable!!! Your blog has been so encouraging to read... your faith in the Lord blesses me every time I read about it. I think you're so courageous for just being honest about the ups and downs of day to day life. I KNOW God has used you to touch so many people's life for Him.
Thank you for the sweet message you left on my blog... it was great to hear from you... even though I haven't seen you in too many years to count... maybe one day soon! :)

Unknown said...

what a sweet posh ashly!!!

MB is gorgeous =)