Friday, July 23, 2010

Brooks Story #2- A Mistake

*Just by writing about my sweet boy that first time, really helped my grief road, so I'll definitely keep the stories coming:) Here goes story #2:

After our devastating ultrasound when we saw a still heart. We came home for a bit and headed back to the hospital around 8:00 that evening. I'll never forget standing in that parking garage next my husband waiting on the elevator to take us into a horrible hospital stay.

Denny looked at me and said that he had it all figured out. I was intrigued and our conversation went like this:

D: I know, what's going on...

A: What's that?

D: There's been a horrible mistake. Brooks is doing fine in there, he's just hiding. We're going to get into the hospital, have our boy and he'll be fine.

A: Oh really?

D: yep, and then we'll go around the country telling everyone about our miracle. We'll spread God's word doing talks to groups of people. Our story will be known and others will see that God is still doing miracles. People will come to know Christ!

A: That would be completely amazing.

Then that elevator door opened and we headed to labor and delivery. Ultrasound came to our room to "check one last time." Brooks' heart was again still. We didn't get our "mistake turned miracle."

BUT...our story is known. Hopefully we have been able to spread God's word and love through our baby boy. Brooks isn't even here, but he's still an avenue for people to experience Jesus. And for that, I'm so thankful!

4 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

Oh, I wish it could have turned out different for you guys- that you'd have 2 little ones in your home right now. I remember thinking the same thoughts - maybe, just maybe he'd be alive once we delivered him. But, yes, you are right. God is still using Brooks to show many people who He is, and you should be proud of that. Thanks for sharing about your Brooks a Million!

Laura Ripley said...

When we drove to the hospital that night I kept praying for God to do a miracle. I must have asked him a hundred time in my mind. I also wish that God would have answered that night. I do know that every time I see you and your family I see the evidence of God's mighty miraculous hand upon you. It is so wonderful to see the beauty that has come out of those ashes. You and Denny are a testament of amazing faith. You have decided to love and follow him with all of your hearts even though life has not been easy. I know you would never have chosen to be used in this way but thank you for living your faith even when God did not give you the miracle you wanted. You will and have already been blessed. Both of your children are beautiful!!

Shannon said...

I just want you to know that Brooks is definitely changing lives! I think I've told you before that although I believe in God, I am not as strong in faith as probably I should be. However, I do thank God every night for Bryce and for letting me have him here on earth to love and take care of. I think if I hadn't heard your story that I would have taken God's wonderful gift to me for granted. I'm so sorry that Brooks had to do God's work in this way, but do know that he is definitley touching lives and people are being changed for the better because of him.

Cecilia said...

Man I can relate to those feelings. Even though things didn't work out the way you wanted, I'm glad you have continued to share Brooks story. I know it's been a comfort to me.