We celebrated our little man today by going on a train ride! It was a great family day. We highly recommend the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. Here's the website: http://brscenic.com/ We hopped up this morning, made a big breakfast, got ready and drove to Blue Ridge. The train ride is 1 hour long to the Tennessee/Georgia border. They stop for 2 hours so you can have lunch and shop and then the train takes you the hour ride back to the station. It was a perfect way to celebrate Brooks-a-million!A lot of the drive up Denny and I talked about 2 years ago today. I re-played all the events in my head while I was getting ready. Brooks was born at 7 am and we left the hospital that day around 1 pm. I told Denny that I felt like our time there seemed so short. He on the other hand, felt like we were there "forever."
The views were spectacular! The railroad follows the Toccoa River up through the mountains and it was gorgeous! It made me want to buy some land to build a house on:)

This is a Native American fish trap. See the 'V' ?? Pretty cool!

We had lunch at a pub, shared milkshakes (and FRIED oreos!), walked around the town and dug in the diaper bag while riding the train



Maybe we had a little too much fun:) Macy Brooks was a COMPLETE rockstar! She usually naps around 10 and 2:30. She made it until we hit the car at 3:45! No meltdowns and no naps! She's a cool little sister!
6 comments:
Love the pictures! Such beautiful scenery!
Absolutely love the pictures and ya'll! What a great idea to celebrate Brooks, Ashly! You're right....he would have loved that, I'm sure! But, looks like Macy Brooks loved it too....and, way to go missing your naps MB! Ashly....praying that your heart is not heavy in missing Brooks, but light in knowing that he is in the Father's Hand...never to be harmed and always rejoicing over you. We love ya'll!
Sounds like the perfect way to spend this day. How special!
What a beautiful way to celebrate Brooks! Fried oreos...my taste buds are both curious and salivating! Love you!
Such a great celebration of your little man! Macy Brooks is going to know how to party by the time she is two! And, fried oreos??? I can't even begin to imagine. Were they good?!?!?
So glad that you had a wonderful day celebrating sweet Brooks. Love the pics and MB sure is growing!
Post a Comment