Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st birthday party

We celebrated this big milestone with a backyard pool party for our girl. We invited all our close friends and had a great turn out! She had a fun time playing and hanging with her little pals.

I set up 3 baby pools, 2 for the young kids that barely had any water and 1 bigger, deeper pool for the older ones. It was a big hit!

Pink and green bubble wands!


Here's our friend, Cole playing beach ball volleyball (the ball was the favor and had a special message on it for each family). Then there's Kellan, Olivia in the bottom left and then we have Sailor(remember her from the beach?)

I LOVE this picture of Macy Brooks! She is telling Noah all about her duck! She went on for several minutes and being the sweetie he is, just stood there like he knew what she was saying:)

This girl turns 1 and thinks she needs to be a big girl in the "big girl" pool! As you can see the weather was overcast. It worked out for the best! It wasn't raining, but it wasn't super hot and we didn't have to worry about anyone getting sunburned!

For the kids, we had these flip flop cupcakes. The adults enjoyed a regular sheet cake.

Kate made this "smash cake" for our 1 year old. Isn't she amazing? Check out her blog to see more of her talent! I just loved this cake.
As you can tell, MB LOVED it too!


She was SUCH a mess, we took her around to the side of the house and HOSED her off! It was cold water coming out, but she just laughed:)

The party was a big hit! I think all the guests enjoyed themselves, as well as, the birthday girl! We let her nap while we cleaned up and took a rest ourselves. Then let her open some gifts.

To end the great day, we went to Khani House for some Japanese food! Yum-o! I loved this idea from Denny, because it's where we ate the night we left for her induction. It was truly a fun day. I teared up several times while we celebrated this miracle of ours! There were so many days I thought we'd NEVER have a child of our own to keep. And now we have the sweetest, most fun ONE YEAR OLD I've ever known:)

3 comments:

Aunt Amy said...

Hi Ashley!
I was reading our blog tonight (haven't been there in a while). Your pictures are beautiful, but I was greatly encouraged by the testimony to our Lord and Savior! Thank you for sharing! I really miss all of you!
Amy

Amy said...

*your* blog! (oops!)

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Looks like we missed a fun time. The cake was precious!!!