We left Christmas Eve morning at 6am and drove to Denny's parents' home in Virginia. My parents came too and we had a great time eating, drinking and being merry. Nothing fancy, just good food and fellowship. It snowed all of Christmas Day and it was gorgeous! Denny and I headed out for a little sledding like big kids and had a ball!
Our moms watched the babe Christmas night so Denny and I could go to a movie. It was a great get-a-way! The roads had turned icy and it was scary getting home. We slid a good 30 feet past our turn and I thought we were headed for the ditch! After that I was ready to get home and hug my baby!
Christmas morning was great! We have decided that Santa will only bring MB 3 gifts each year. That way we can represent the wise men and their 3 gifts to baby Jesus. This year she awoke to a kitchen, teapot and teacups and a puzzle book. She slept till almost 9am so we were all just itching for her to wake up! When she did, it took her a bit to get going, but in the end she really liked her gifts! Major props to Denny who I call the "Master Packer" for getting that kitchen (along with everything else!) home in our car!!
We took a few family photos on the deck Christmas Night:
A couple more random pictures:
I gave D a blue ray player (I got half off!) and he was pumped! Told me it was the best gift he's ever received! SCORE:)
On Monday we left VA and went to NC for the week to have Christmas with my extended family. This is where our trip went downhill a little bit. MB woke up with a terrible cold on Monday so she did not sleep at all Monday or Tuesday night. Wednesday night she slept a little. Needless, to say on Thursday her and I both woke up very sick. I had the flu and her cold/random fever thing was back with vengeance. We took her to urgent care around lunch then home for naps. When we got up we decided to just head home a day early. I was very ill with fever by this time. We missed one of my favorite parts of Christmas, and that's celebrations at my grandpa's house. We were so glad to get home though. Macy Brooks got well almost instantly and I continued with the flu for 5 more days:( Denny and my mom took amazing care of me while my world stopped and I never left my bed.
Here's a few NC pictures:
Well that wraps up this entirely too long re-cap of our Christmas! We had a great one and hope you did too!
Happy New Year!!!
5 comments:
I'm so glad that Christmas was fun. I hate that you got so sick, that really stinks. Merry Christmas Denny, Ashley, Macy Brook, and sweet Brooks who is not forgotten.
I love all the pics. I am glad you are feeling better! I really like your 3 gift idea...I might have to borrow it!
Love the pics and all the updates of your family. MB is such a cute little girl!!
Great Pictures! So glad Macy Brooks had a great Christmas! Glad you are feeling better! Love you!
Great Pictures! So glad Macy Brooks had a great Christmas! Glad you are feeling better! Love you!
Post a Comment