Friday, July 1, 2011

35 Weeks!


This pregnancy has flown by! I can't believe we have 2 weeks left. Here's a little update:

How I'm feeling: This has been my most comfortable pregnancy of all! I've had hardly no pain anywhere! Unless, of course, I overdo during the day and have a little back pain at night-but that's rare! A major plus, is that I still sleep well most nights. You know, except for all the potty breaks:)

Weight Gain: 14 lbs. Still all belly, but it's getting big! The baby weighed 5lbs, 12 ou today, which is exactly what it's supposed to weigh! I saw the baby in 3D today at the high risk dr. and it has some chubby cheeks and is definitely fattening up:)


Clothes: Definitely wearing maternity clothes if I dress for going out. Most days I just wear a maternity tank top and regular gym shorts. Staying home and not fully getting dressed during pregnancy is awesome.

Emotions: Overall, I've been more emotionally stable this pregnancy. I think it helps so much to have Macy Brooks here. She keeps me running and I don't have time to worry or over analyze things. Plus, I can now visualize what it's like to have a good labor and healthy delivery with an amazing outcome! Within the past 2 weeks, I've had some scary thoughts. When I first wake in the mornings I feel anxious until the baby moves. But, it usually doesn't take too long. This baby also moves the most. I'm thankful for those movements, but starting to think the baby will never sleep:)

Fears: Of course I'm scared that the worst will happen to this baby. But, I'm also very nervous for Macy Brooks. I want her to be happy and not feel replaced or 2nd fiddle.

Macy Brooks: I think she's getting the big sister-baby is coming to live with us idea. HOPEFULLY:) Her new favorite book is a big sister book. I always read it using her name to make it more personal. The baby kicks her every night while we are rocking and she gets so tickled! She's very gentle and sweet with other babies too.

These are a few of our pregnancy pictures with Jason Pendley. I'm 33.5 weeks here. Please keep praying for our family!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Dear Ashly,

How are you 35 weeks already! Where has the time gone! WOW!

You look amazing, and MB is beautiful as always. I hate that we haven't gotten together since Matthew was born. I can't believe he is about to turn one! I'm really not sure where the last year has gone. Makes me sad in a way. Maybe he and I can come visit and bring your family a meal after this baby is born and things settle down for you some. I would love that! I will be praying for you in the days ahead...

Lots of love and (((HUGS)))
Tonya

Beth Goff said...

Beautiful pictures! You are ALL BELLY! I'm so excited for yall and MB and praying for you!

Ebe said...

I can't believe you're so close! It seems like just yesterday you announced you were pregnant.
You're beautiful, Ashly!

God will still be faithful and is still faithful even if your emotions are all over the place and the fear creeps in. He is never far from you.

love and prayers,
ebe

jennifer said...

Geez, it has flown by!!! I cant believe I saw you at 12 weeks. What an awful friend I am. I have been praying for you! You are glowing as always =)