Well... Macy Brooks did great!
Since labor and delivery went late into the night, my parents and in-laws had a hard time getting going on Wednesday. Big sister meeting was pushed back to the afternoon, which worked out good because we were all able to nap.
When Macy Brooks walked into our hospital room, my friend Crystal was snuggling Kate. This worked great so Denny and I could focus on her and wrap her up in big hugs. Man, I had missed that chick! After a few minutes, Kate began to make noises. Mom ended up with her and sat down on my bed. Macy Brooks was instantly saying "baby, baby." She instinctively started kissing, loving her and pointing out her nose, eyes, and mouth. My heart was full! It was amazing to watch our 2 baby girls together:)


The cameras came out and Macy Brooks asked to hold her. She could have sat there forever! When we would go to re-adjust Kate, Macy Brooks thought we were taking her away and would say "no, no, no!" We'd have to re-assure her that we weren't taking her away. She was loving and protective already!!
Our parents went to dinner and Macy Brooks stayed for awhile. Kate gave her a present-3 new Biscuit books and a Minnie Mouse doll. Everything was a hit! We walked the halls and played and stared at Kate a little more.

One of my favorite moments I always want to remember is when Denny went to take Macy Brooks to the cafeteria. They left the first time and I didn't say bye, because I didn't want to disturb her happy mood and get her upset when she realized I wasn't going. Well, silly me! They came back in to get "Minnie" and I said "bye Macy Brooks." She turned and walked over and said "Bye Momma, Kiss?" and came for a kiss. Then she tapped Kate on the back and said "bye baby, Kiss?" and laid one on her! It was amazing! So of course after they left, I just let the happy tears flow!

Macy Brooks is continuing to do great in her big sister role. She's acted out towards me a few times, but has been mostly sweet:) Who knows if she's just being 2 or knows I brought Kate out of my belly and into our home!
2 comments:
Such beautiful girls and a beautiful family. Sure do wish I were near to hang out from week to week. Miss you and SO excited for you.
P.S. Love the last picture!!
Such sweet pictures. I'm going to steal your idea of MB giving K a gift. I think that's perfect - gonna have L give H something in the hospital. I'm so excited for my boys to meet each other as well and can't wait to see it play out. Congrats on such a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment