Kate is now almost 6 weeks old and thriving! She fits in perfectly with our family! We all just love her and can't get enough:)
She's a good baby, loves to cuddle, nurse, sleep on her tummy and contently look around. At 4 weeks I took her to the dr. and she weighed exactly 8lbs. I love that she's chunking up! There are fat rolls on her thighs and arms. Plus, her newborn onesies really fit now!She holds her breath when she first starts eating so they wanted to see her. Dr. said she's fine and will figure it out as she gets bigger. We are nursing every 3-4 hours during the day until about 7 pm. Then Kate wants to nurse every hour and a half. I've tried making her eat on the 3 hour mark, but it doesn't seem to help.
Kate follows the same schedule she did in the womb. Quiet all morning and then perks up as Momma climbs into bed at 10 pm! We usually end up passing out between 11:30 & midnight. For the 1st month of her life, Kate teased me by sleeping 5-7 hour stretches at night. Now we're averaging 3-probably a growth spurt!

This girl has great lungs! She can really let it go. There is no in between with Kate. She is either happy and peaceful or screaming for dear life. I've been working on getting her to like the gerber paci instead of the orange hospital one and I'm finally seeing results. When all else fails I crawl in our bed and snuggle her close. So far it's worked every time. She doesn't love to be swaddled like her sister, so we only do it occasionally.
We are so blessed God has lent us this sweet girl named Kate! I'm loving having a newborn again and soaking up every minute-even the sleepless ones:)
4 comments:
love love the pics...she is precious and MB is gorgeous!!
love em! The one of you and her is BEAUTIFUL!!
The pics are awesome. Jason is so talented. My favorite is the picture of you and Kate - she's smiling! Love it!
Hi Dear,
Lovely pictures.. I read your blog everyday.. but never get a chance to comment. I wanted to ask you where do you go for monogramy for baby clothes like her name on it. please do let me know as my sister wants to do that as well.
Regards,
Angel
Post a Comment