Thursday, August 25, 2011

Celebrating MB as a 2 year Old

Picture taking began on August 18th, Macy Brooks' last day as a 1 year old. I was feeling super emotional about my big girl turning 2. I thought it felt worse than her turning 1! I think it's that at the 1st birthdays, kids can either feel like big kids somedays or still be a baby. But with Macy Brooks turning 2, that baby is disappearing before my eyes. There's hardly no baby left. It's all big kid! I thought if I was good about soaking in these girls, I could slow time a little.....turns out it's not working!

We spent the day with Gigi, Denny's mom(they were here to visit and celebrate). We went to wal-mart to finish up things for the party and headed to lunch, where we had pizza and a cookie. After nap we left Kate at home and went to the playground with Gia and her family. The girls played so well and we had a lot of laughs with Erica and Austin:)



August 19th.....Happy Birthday!

Denny and I went in her room together when she finally woke up(almost 9am) with the camera and video camera. She was surprised and looked at us like we were crazy (we are!).

Then we got dressed, had breakfast, and opened a present. It was a new Mickey Mouse movie to watch on our outing.

Grabbed a shot of the 3 of us before leaving for the aquarium....I LOVE her hand on both of our knees!


Denny's parents-what a great picture! They had a great week here with us. Viv was so nice at the aquarium to push Kate around so Denny and I could experience it with Macy Brooks.

Kate acted up the whole time:) This was her for the whole trip! She's such a good baby and loves to sleep on the go!

I was a little hesitant Macy Brooks was a little young to go to the aquarium, but she loved it! As soon as I saw her excitement, I knew it was a perfect way to celebrate her birthday! She'd come running out of each exhibit saying "more fish, Momma- more fish!" It was precious!


After leaving the aquarium we put Kate in the sling for a change of scenery and walked to Johnny Rockets for lunch.

Macy Brooks shared a hamburger with me and enjoyed a milkshake as well. We also had fun dancing to music and wearing our hats.

After a fun lunch we ran around in the grassy area soaking up a beautiful day. We played "get you" and chased pigeons. I love spending time with our family!

Love this picture of my girl in action. She runs WHEREVER she goes. And I am NOT exaggerating!


We came home to rest and nap and make birthday brownies. Macy Brooks licked the bowl.
Macy Brooks opened a few gifts before we went to Kani House to eat. Denny and I gave her a dress up outfit, movie and elmo shirt. Gigi and Papa gave her a recordable story book that she loves! Mimi and Papa gave her a CD player for the playroom along with 2 CD's, which she also loved!


Here's mom snuggling Kate. She was a trooper being on the go all weekend. I heart her!


Saturday, August 20th....PARTY TIME!


2nd birthday part was held at Gymboree with a Minnie Mouse theme. I recommend a Gymboree party to anyone and everyone. They did a great job and the kids had a blast. Plus, it was minimal work for me!


Cake:)


Here is Ryder, Jackson, Grey and Kellen

Birthday girl was running wide open and she randomly stopped for me to take her picture:)

Kate slept on Gigi the whole time....are you noticing a theme with this chick?

BFF-Gia

Best shot we could get of the party guests: Kellen, Olivia, MB, Gia, Ryder, Blake, Aidan, James and Grey is in front

I think Macy Brooks had a great weekend! It was so fun celebrating this sweet girl! Happy Birthday Love Bug!

No comments: