Hi little love bug! You are 3 years old today!
I'm so proud of the little lady you are becoming. You are really growing up fast. I try to savor you, but it doesn't slow time down.
We had a good day celebrating! Well, good evening I should say. You were a crabby girl this morning! Daddy and I gave you princess sheets for your bed, which you did like. You jumped in tonight excited to sleep with Rapunzel:) For some reason, you have a hard time behaving on Sundays! I don't know what it is! We did our best to make your day special. You woke up to balloons in your room, along with streamers hanging in the doorway. Daddy made yummy chocolate chip pancakes and we went to church. Then it was off the to the grocery store and home for lunch. You ended up leaving the table being carried up to bed by Daddy for some yucky behavior. You cried and screamed for awhile, but went to sleep and woke up happy:) It was a little rainy so for your fun activity you chose to go to the mall and ride the choo choo train. Nini came down and hung out! We went to the Disney store and Nini bought you a Cinderella doll wearing a wedding dress. You love her! Then we went to an Italian place here in town for some yummy pizza and cupcakes! We had a great night celebrating our sweet girl!
I didn't realize it until we were halfway through our evening, that spent your 3rd birthday much like we did your brothers. That's pretty special to me:)
You're super funny! There isn't a day that goes by, you don't have me laughing out loud. The other night we were at the table eating dinner and all of a sudden you said "Okay guys this is the deal!" ha! Daddy said "you've been hanging out with your mommy too much!" It's pretty weird to hear your exact self through another person. You still randomly call us 'Ashly' and 'Denny' whenever you feel like it. Sometimes when we're in public, I feel like others think I'm your babysitter. I hung a new shower curtain in your bathroom this week. When we were done you grabbed your cheeks with your hands and exclaimed, "oh my goodness, it's so cute!"
My favorite thing you say lately is "just a couple 2 minutes." When you want to be rocked or play you say "c'mon, Mommy just rock me a couple 2 minutes" It's adorable.
Princess phase is officially here! You are greatly anticipating your 'Ariel party' next weekend. You love wearing a Barbie dress we got handed down. Daddy is officially your prince and you guys often 'go to the ball' and dance. The princess dress up shoes have somehow gone from being "princess shoes" to "dancing shoes."
I'm seeing lots of athleticism in you! You have a great arm for throwing, it's pretty accurate and you have some distance! You can catch too:) I saw you hit off a tee the other day and you caught on the first time! I'm most proud of your swimming skills! All on your own for sure! Jumping in and swimming to me or the side with no help.
One of your first memory verses you have down pat. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times. We use it daily when talking about how to treat others. I love that you know it so well!
You still love to be on the go. If we're out, you always ask "where we going next?" If I say home, you're reply is often "but, mommy, let's go to the grocery store!" ha! Who wants to get groceries instead of being home? Silly girl!
You're finally starting to play on your own more! We still do our fair share of playing together, but it's been so nice that you'll go in your room or playroom and play for a little while. It really helps that Kate is around to hang out with you! You're such a little people person.
Kate is your favorite little buddy! I've taken you on special dates recently for just us two. You always seem bummed that Kate isn't with us. You really take good care of her and don't like it if she's upset. Kate let's you do crazy things to her, like tackle her to the ground! She usually just laughs and it makes it really hard for you to stop when I tell you to.
I think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread(obviously), but you do have your quirks:
- you will not stay in your PJ's when you wake up. It just started, and it's really crazy that I walk in, say good morning and all I hear is "I want to get dressed." when I ask you to just lay around and play for a little bit, you refuse and start picking out clothes.
- you play too rough! It's like you're part boy! No matter how many times I tell you to stop tackling your sister or be gentle, it doesn't seem to sink in until someone gets hurt. I really try to speak positively to you guys when I'm disciplining, but lately it's been hard. Last week at the grocery store you & Kate were sitting side by side in the cart and your arm was around Kate's neck. You were pulling and squeezing and she was trying to get away. I tried several times to get you to stop. Finally, I said "Macy Brooks, DO NOT TOUCH KATE ANYMORE!" And your response? "But mommy, I love her!" OH geez louise! "I know you do baby, but she needs some space!"
-meal times have become less than fun with you. It's like pulling teeth to get you to eat! Sometimes we joke that you're not our kid, because it's our favorite activity:) Time outs and frustration are frequent dinner guests.
- obeying on the first time is what we are focused on right now. Some weeks you do great and others are harder.
Tonight I went back through this blog and read your birth story and the 3 months following. The thoughts and feelings I have when I think back to your birth and baby stage are just amazing. Nothing but utter joy! You gave me the opportunity to be a Mommy, to a baby in our home. You helped heal our hearts after losing your brother in ways I didn't know were possible.
On our way home tonight, God gave you an amazing birthday gift! Look at this gorgeous sunset! Thank you, Lord!
I love you baby girl! We prayed tonight over this coming year and all that it holds. We prayed you will grow to know Jesus even more. That you will learn and grow, remain healthy and we could be the best parents possible for you. I'm so blessed by you! Happy Birthday!!!
12 years ago












2 comments:
happy happy birthday sweet macy brooks!!!!! she looks so big.... sniff!!!
I hope that Macy Brooks had a wonderful birthday! She is growing so fast! :o)
Post a Comment