I had to quickly get mentally ready to send my baby off 3
days a week! It was a challenging thing to wrap my mind around so fast. Macy
Brooks is my little best friend, my shadow. What would we do without her
bossing us around? J
Meet and greet went great and I met someone who had actually requested her
teacher Ms. Sara. This made me happy! I figured she must be good!
The first day went wonderful. We had a nice morning with a
big breakfast and no rushing. No one cried and all was well! Kate and I went
back home and looked at each other. We didn't know what to do. Then I put Kate
down for her nap and I REALLY didn't know what to do! The house was already
clean and I felt like a little lost puppy. We have since settled into a nice
routine and Kate and I love our time together. It’s really fun to focus on just
her for a few hours a week. So many more personality traits have blossomed
recently. Macy Brooks absolutely loves school! She’s doing really well. I’m one
of the room moms and enjoy going to her school as much as I can. I've already
volunteered in the library and will be working at her fall celebration party
this Friday. Tears may have flowed when I saw my big girl coming to the car pool line in the afternoon. She just looked so big and happy. I felt so proud of her that tears just rolled down my cheeks! I brought her lunch in the car and we went out for ice cream. Then she ran up and down the sidewalk:)
There are 10 girls in her class and 2 boys! I’m happy with this,
since she mostly plays with boys in our neighborhood. Most days after school we
come home and Macy Brooks starts to play “school” in the playroom with her baby
dolls. She tells them “they’re not listening to the story” and to “sit criss
cross applesauce on their dot.” It’s hilarious to hear her come home and say
things Ms. Sara has said!
I do feel a little quality time has been lost, but for what
we are gaining in this season it was the right choice! This has been a fun new
adventure and I’m really glad we did it!










2 comments:
So cute! Is it just me or is Miss Macy Brooks a tall gal?!! She looks so tall in those pictures! So glad the transition to school went well!! I can hardly believe that will probably be us next fall!
I can't handle this! Too sweet:) I plan on sending the boys next year, but don't even like to think about not having them around ALL the time. Joe laughs at me when tears fill my eyes at the mere thought of it.
Post a Comment