Denny and I went on a fun double date last night(yay!) and before we left I changed Kate's diaper and noticed a little red raised place on her belly just under her diaper. Looked at it and chalked it up to her diaper rubbing. However, this morning Kate woke up covered in a bumpy rash. It was getting worse every half hour. I called and got her an appointment for 11:15. She couldn't sleep for her morning nap and by the time we left the house, bumps were covering her entire body. She was still eating and playing and had slept through the night, but I was convinced it was chicken pox. Cabin fever was already setting in for me:) Thoughts of being trapped in this house for up to 16 days with my two wild women was about to send me over the edge!
Within a few minutes of being examined the dr said it was definitely not chicken pox! It was an allergic reaction to something she ate. We re-hashed her diet and mine and nothing really stood out. I had a 'shorty' margarita last night w/ a lime in it, but since she was showing a little rash before we left, I don't think that's it. For breakfast Kate had oatmeal (as she does every morning), lunch was turkey, cheese and a banana(very common lunch) and dinner was ham and pineapple pizza and a peach(all foods she's eaten alot). The doctor told me that even if she's eaten 10 peaches, the 11th one can cause a reaction. So who knows what it is. Until her 1yr checkup on the 28th, she cannot have turkey, eggs, shellfish, peanuts, peanut butter, peaches or pineapple. At that appointment they will draw blood and have it checked for allergies.
Tonight she started a low grade fever and was extra clingy. She's on benadryl every 6 hours. I just want her to be okay and feeling well again. Will you pray for Kate?
1 comment:
Poor thing! We will pray for a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment