Friday, July 27, 2012

Kate's 1st Birthday Party

Oh just 6 weeks overdue on this post!

We celebrated Kate's 1st birthday with a watermelon party! It's one of her favorite foods! She makes yum yum noises when she eats it. And she eats a lot of it!

On July 21st, we planned on having a backyard pool party like we did for Macy Brooks. The weather was not in our favor all day. It rained off and on with little sunshine in between. At 4pm, the bottom fell out and we scrambled to make the inside party ready. It ended up being okay, just not my first choice! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, except for Kate:( It was pretty overwhelming with everyone inside and you could tell she felt it. There wasn't a whole lot of smiles coming from the birthday girl. Kids were having fun running and playing so we couldn't really set Kate down anywhere. I was scared she'd get trampled!

Sounds silly, but I was really bummed about her birthday party clothes! I found her the cutest watermelon bathing suit! It is adorable! But, I didn't have anything fun to wear for an inside party. I almost put her in that suit anyways, but never did.


I saw this watermelon 'keg' thing on Pinterest and the theme took off from there. We were able to make it and put lemonade in it for the kiddos. They loved being able to get their own drinks.



These are rice krispie treats made to look like watermelon slices. Aren't these cute? 



We used these white frames and put 1 picture from each month of her life. I wanted to hang them outside, but we just placed them around the living room instead.



Mom and Dad gave Kate this gorgeous butterfly for her room. It was perfect timing to use for party decor!

I sent each family home with their personal watermelon


One of my favorite decorations was this watermelon tutu I made for Kate's high chair!



Her smash cake



Birthday girl! Where's your smiles, Kate??

Kate and her Nini
 
Papa Bob and Gigi
My favorite part of the party was how everyone gathered around to watch Kate eat her cake. She loved her cake and finally started smiling!!





Around 6:15 the rain began to slow. We were able to swim with some remaining party guests. The kids had so much fun! 



Around 6:15 the rain began to slow. We were able to swim with some remaining party guests. The kids had so much fun!

Happy Happy Birthday love! Sorry you weren't able to have a lot of fun at your first birthday party! I hope there's many more birthdays to come! I love you!!

No comments: