Tonight was a big night for Macy Brooks! We delivered her pacis to Baby Emily (our friend and neighbor who is 6 months old). No more pacis! What a big girl!
Earlier this week we made a paper chain to count down the days before we handed over the goods. Each day she'd tear one off and we'd talk about it over and over:) She never complained or said she didn't want to. Macy Brooks was completely on board with our plan.
After dinner tonight we loaded up in the stroller with a bag of pacis and our baby doll and walked over to Emily's. We walked in and she handed them right over to Ms. Katie and baby Emily. That was that!
She gave baby Emily a hug and it was over with!
I brought her a treat for the stroller ride home- a big fat brownie:) We told her over and over how proud we were and what a big girl she was! We are very proud of the little lady you are becoming!
Kate says, "Where's my brownie?" Love that crazy hair!
On the way over, I got super sad all of a sudden. Where is our baby? Her paci was the last 'baby' thing about this girl! I'm not sure I'm ready for all the baby to be done. No more diapers, crib or pacis! What is going on??? I love that she's growing into a sweet girl, but I truly love the baby and toddler phase and it's quickly coming to a close. Makes Momma sad:(
Macy Brooks, I am very proud of you. You did a great job falling asleep tonight! It took you about 30 minutes which isn't unusual. While we were reading Little Mermaid you said "Look Momma, no more pacis for me!" It was sweet! It was a little like you were trying to talk yourself into this being a good thing:) I'm interested to see how nap time goes from now on. Naps seem to be on the verge of disappearing. I hope not having a paci doesn't send naps to never never land. We both need them!
You are very smart! I could not possibly love you more! Thank you for wanting to rock tonight, Momma needed it:)
I love this picture of Macy Brooks running home with her dog, not a care in the world! I love this girl!!!









1 comment:
Sweet Girl! She is getting SO big! They are both growing so fast! :o)
Post a Comment