Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Paci Update

So we gave up the paci shown in this post , but I have a confession....we caved and gave 1 back to her 3 or 4 days later.

I know, I know-not the best decision we ever made, but we were desperate for good behavior and sleep!

She went to bed so good that first night and didn't wake up over night. There was no nap the next day and going to bed was not easy that night. Macy Brooks woke up all throughout the night and that pattern repeated the following day.

The day after that, she tried to wake at 6am for the day(we are used to 8:30!) and that was that. I ran downstairs where Denny was getting ready for work and said "she's up for the day." His response...."give it to her!"

We were spent! Exhausted and we caved. I grabbed a spare out of the cabinet and took it to her room and said I found one. Go back to sleep! She took it and I didn't hear from her until 9am! She continued to nap the following days and slept like a champ overnight. Whew!

Not only was she not sleeping well, her behavior was TERRIBLE! I think she was exhausted and mad. Even though she couldn't say what she was mad about, she just was. I was done!

Well, then her 3 year old birthday rolls around and we knew it had to be done...again:( The day after her birthday, we threw it in the trash (so we couldn't cave) and we've stuck to it this time! It took her a good week to start sleeping ok and naps have been close to non-existent:(  She desperately still needs a nap and since she's not able to fall asleep anymore, she breaks down most nights and bedtime has become a nightmare. It's pretty sad and frustrating for everyone! But, she's doing it. She hasn't asked for it in a few days.

Growing up is hard to do!

No comments: