Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hard Season

Whew!

This too shall pass....right?

I hate thinking that, but for the past month, I've thought it more than once. I'm usually one to soak in everyday instead of wishing for a new day, but not lately:( Makes me sad.

We're in a rut over here. And it stinks. I don't even know how to fix it or make it better.

The evening after her 3rd birthday Denny and I were rocking on the front porch and I looked at him and said "I think 3 is going to be challenging." His response, "It already is!" LOL

I think it started with Kate's birthday. That was the first time Macy Brooks had to deal with us really focusing on Kate. That's when jealousy issues began. Then we started school August 15th on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It's from 9-12:20. My girls have always been later sleepers (8:30) so it's been tricky getting out the door. None of us are enjoying rushing around first thing, and I'm not really on board with waking them. I'm always saying, "ok, let's go", "take a bite," "c'mon girls." Over the summer we truly simplified and enjoyed staying home most of the days. We did crafts, read books, took walks and went to the park. It's now feeling like we have no time for those things.

But, she loves school! I asked her if she'd rather stay home or go to school. She quickly responded with school! Kate and I are now in a groove with our alone time and we are enjoying it...but, is it worth all these other issues?

Thursdays are the only days(Tuesdays we go to a bible study) we have to lay around, play with friends and spend real quality time. The dilemma lately is...do we stay home all day and hang out together, or hop up and do something we can't usually do (like the zoo)?

After school began, there was Macy Brooks' birthday. Then we took her paci away the day after that. That's really where the horrible behavior began. I think she's angry about it beneath the surface. She's had the hardest time listening, obeying the first time and throwing fits. She's always been really well behaved, so we're struggling. Without that paci, she can't take naps. And she NEEDS that nap! In the past month she's only taken about 3 naps. All in all, she's angry, exhausted and can't behave! Doesn't she sound pleasant?

Here's what it boils down to....4 days a week we hop up, rush around and go to school. We come home, have lunch and play for a few minutes. Go up for a nap that never happens. She's up with awful attitude. Dinner is a wreck and then she's off to bed at 7, because she's exhausted. Blah!

When we do have moments of quality time, it's not enjoyable anymore. Macy Brooks, what do you need my love?? Let me help you help me! I love you and miss the 2 year old you! I know you're in there somewhere:) COME BACK LOVE BUG!!


No comments: