This was the first year Macy Brooks could really tell you it
was Brooks’, her brother’s birthday, and that he lives in Heaven with Jesus.
She didn't ask any questions past that, probably next year. She’s still talking about his party at Catch
Air. I haven’t done a fantastic job of telling her all about her brother, but
now that she has it down, I’m looking forward to more and more often
conversations about him.

Back in the summer, some friends stayed with us for a couple
days. Her son is 2 weeks older than Brooks. We worked together and spent our
whole pregnancy together, comparing and chatting. They were some of the first
to hear our awful news and came to pray with us before we went to the hospital
for delivery. Karin was just crying and crying when they came to pray. I think
I was still in shock, because I was fairly dry-eyed. I remember saying out loud
that Karin was crying so hard, because she was living what we just missed out
on. She had that wonderful newborn boy at home. Ours had already met Jesus.

Anyways, they came to visit and it was weird to have a 4
year old boy in the house. I kept catching myself watching him and daydreaming
about what life was almost like. It really did make me miss him. My heart ached
a little bit more those 2 days, but it also showed me that I’m totally a ‘girl
mom’ now. I know how to handle girls and their emotional roller coasters. I
feel like I wouldn't even know what to do with a boy. This is very, very weird
since I completely ache to parent him in this life. And I definitely FEEL like his momma.
Alright, I’m done, I can’t explain it!
No comments:
Post a Comment