Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Tree Farm & Decorating

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is going to the tree farm, choosing a tree, hauling it home and decorating it! Denny pushes every year to buy an artificial tree, but I keep begging for real ones! I don't know if he realizes just how much I love EVERYTHING about the real ones:-)

Denny helped me make this felt tree and all the ornaments and we hung it up on this wall outside our kitchen. It was a great go-to activity for the girls while I was busy making dinners all month. They decorated and re-decorated! 


 This was the 2nd year of going to a local tree farm. They have a petting zoo, slide, playground and great trees at good prices. Little Kate was having a rough day. She ended up catching a fever after bedtime this night that lasted 3 days. I guess she had good reason for being crabby.



I adore this pic of big sis wiping lil sis tears! I pray daily they will be best friends:)



We fed the animals and held the bunnies






My heart is full! I love how Kate is looking up at her Momma!




Then it was home to decorate! I really wanted to get a good pic of them wrapped in the lights, but Kate just wasn't having it. She cried anytime I put her down.




Daddy did a great job with the tangled lights, tree straightening and going along with my real tree wishes:)



I finally gave them cups of juice so I could give my arms a break! 


Macy Brooks was all about decorating this year. She carefully unwrapped every single ornament and handed it to us or hung it herself. Kate ended up in the sling like a newborn babe so I could participate!



It was a great night of memory making, even if we did have a little one who wasn't feeling well. I love these traditions we are creating!


1 comment:

Stephanie says said...

I am the same about a real tree! I love the smell and the fun we have going to pick it out! :o) Love the Christmas tree farm idea!