Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas #2 2012

Christmas Eve and Day was really quiet this year. We are used to being with both sets of grandparents and sometimes more every Christmas. This year it was just the 4 of us and my parents. We still had a great Christmas, it was just quiet. 




We ordered pizzas on Christmas Eve and saved our big dinner for Christmas Day. My parents gave the girls each a gift. MB received a new nightgown, tank top with matching panties and coloring book with special markers. She loved them all. I had matching pj's ready for the girls to wear, but she'd only wear the new nightgown. I made her promise me she'd change when she woke up in the morning and she did :)  Kate got an overnight bag with slippers and fun puzzle inside. 






After pizzas, Denny and I gave the girls a new Christmas book to read for bedtime and The Polar Express movie. They gave each other some big kisses on Papa's lap and then we got comfy and watched the movie!






Santa came and brought 3 gifts! Macy Brooks got a tricycle, cd player that plays all the princess songs from all the movies and a sweater shirt. Kate was given a bubble mower(that didn't work and we later exchanged for a motorized bubble maker) and her 1st baby doll. 
                                
Kate loved her little gifts and was in a great mood all day! She was so cute carrying around this little dog that walks around if you touch it's bag.


Macy Brooks did love her gifts and got the tricycle steering and pedaling a few weeks later. However, her mood wasn't very good on Christmas morning. After awhile it really started to wear on me to:( She'd be happy for awhile and then super crabby. I never did figure out why. I kept saying, "Why is this 3 year old in a bad mood on Christmas?" It made no sense and just put me in a rotten mood later in the day. No one napped good and I hate to say it, but we were all ready for bedtime! Those girls were in bed by 7 after we went to look at Christmas lights for an hour. Whew!


Stockings were fun! Kate's had the little dog, the bath numbers, new pacis and a blow up zebra that she can tackle. Macy Brooks had all kinds of goodies. Stickers, chapsticks, books, nail polish and more.






Late morning we exchanged with my parents. They gave us a nice storage box to keep on the deck!

I gave Denny new shoes that he wanted and he gave me workout clothes that I asked for.








We are so blessed and try to never take these wonderful family and blessings for granted! Merry Christmas!








No comments: