We hit up Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Brooks' 5th birthday. I was expecting it to be kind of dirty and germy and it was actually really fun and nice! There was only 1 or 2 other families there so we had the run of the place!
 |
| We tried our best to help MB get the hang of skee ball, it did not work! |
The day went well all in all. Kate woke up coughing at 4 so I got up to give her some water and a snuggle. We sat in the rocking chair for a long time and I was of course thinking about Brooks and everything that happened. I was very close to breaking down, but prayed and laid my sleeping baby back down and decided I wasn't going to cry, but go back to sleep. I was glad I did. 7:30 rolled around and I was able to start the day right, by praying and reading my Bible. The sweet texts, phone calls, emails and Facebook notes were already coming in.
 |
| Aidan racing his dad! |
The girls and I did our normal school/gym routine and went to lunch with Kelli and Caroline afterwards. Then it was naps/work and off to Chuck E Cheese. We are so blessed by how many people wished us well and left us with sweet words. I wonder if Brooks knows how much he is loved.
2 great families (Horwege's & Courtney's) we are close to came to celebrate. We all had a great time playing. None of us ate there, but I brought cupcakes so we shared those. Macy Brooks chose pink lemonade flavored and they turned out pretty good!
 |
| The kids had a blast at this machine that takes their picture. |
When we got home, the 4 of us went out to the yard and let 5 balloons go. 1 popped right way, doesn't it always?! It was nice laying out in the grass and dreaming of those balloons making their way to Heaven. When they disappeared we went inside for a gourmet dinner of re-heated pizza :) All in all it was a good night. Truly cannot believe it has been 5 years. I think this was the first year I haven't been feeling completely torn up inside the second September arrived. I miss him, wonder about him, remember every detail about him and love him so much. But, I'm learning more all the time about praising God and thanking him for EVERYTHING. Even losing my son. I can't quite say it yet, but I am thankful for so many details surrounding 2008 and the years following. I'm writing this post on Oct. 14th (only a month late!) and the Jesus Calling from today really sums up what I've been trying to learn and put into practice:
When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead, accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness." James 1:2-4 Psalm 107:21-22.
Those can be painful words when faced with suffering. But, it is so true. Being able to praise Him in the midst of suffering is one of the highest forms of praise. I hope I can learn to do it better. I love God and want to do nothing but bring Him praise! My sweet friend, Rachael lost her home and everything in it to a fire on Saturday. I cannot imagine their pain, barely getting out alive and then standing on the sidewalk watching everything you own go up in smoke. It's not even my tragedy, yet I'm having a hard time giving thanks and praising Him. I don't understand losing Brooks and I don't understand the fire. I'm looking and searching for the good, and there is some-a lot already from both situations......but actually praising Him for the events? Whew, that's a hard thing to do! But....I'm working on it.
We thank everyone who reads this blog, emails, comments, or supports us in any way. We are grateful!
 |
| Cheese face! |
 |
| We asked MB how long she thought the balloons would take to get to Heaven and she said '7 minutes.' |
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy. ~Psalm 30:11
4 comments:
LOVE that excerpt from Jesus Calling. Already shared it with 3 friends who are going thru some extremely hard times. Thank you for sharing.
I ran across this verse and shared it with Rachael the other day. Love this translation from The Living Bible:
"What I want from you is your true thanks; I want your promises fulfilled. I want you to trust in Me in your times of trouble, so I can rescue you and you can give Me glory."
That's really all He wants - His glory from our messy lives. ((HUGS))
Love you, friend!
ps - the verse is Psalm 50:14-15 :)
Remembering Brooks xoxo
Post a Comment