Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ear Piercing...Round 2

In early July, Macy Brooks and I had the wonderful pleasure of going on a date. It was fantastic being out with my big girl! It was a Sunday afternoon and we skipped her rest time to go to a movie. We arrived at the 3:30 movie only to realize it was in 3D. We (me!) didn't want to deal with the glasses, so we had time to kill before the 6:00 showing. We walked around an outdoor shopping area and happened to walk by Claire's. We went in and browsed and I casually asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced again. She stated clearly that she did not want to. It didn't matter to me either way, so that was the end of the discussion. Then we walked through Bath and Body Works and Barnes and Noble to read books and play trains. We stayed there for a long time and decided to go to Target so MB could pick out a birthday gift for Kate. 


To get to the car, we had to pass back by Claire's. Macy Brooks said, "I want to get my ears pierced." I was completely surprised since she was so sure of herself an hour ago. We went over the 'it will hurt for a second' and 'we will have to clean them' and 'there will be no taking them out.' She was good with all of it and seemed so confident! 

Before

She did so great! I could tell it definitely hurt a little more than she was anticipating, but she was very happy with her decision and has done fabulous job cleaning them! Hello Kitty earrings was one of her favorite birthday gifts this year!

After- in the Target parking lot


I'm proud of my big girl for making a brave decision and following through! Way to go Macy Brooks! You are beautiful inside and out!

after our movie:) 


1 comment:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

Oh, so fun! And such a brave girl! I guess I didn't realize they had grown back in, but I'm glad it worked out the second time around! Yeah for dates with Mommy.