Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

This was our best Christmas yet! Macy Brooks embraced Santa and it really made it fun! We started the week off with cleaning, prepping and snuggling! 


Papa Bob and Gigi arrived Monday evening! We had some yummy dinners and enjoyed each other! Tuesday after the girls were done with art camp we huddled at the kitchen table for gingerbread houses! What a mess! But lots of fun. The girls ate sooooo much icing! Then Macy Brooks headed outside to ride bikes with friends, Kate took a nap and I went on an adventure.....






On Christmas eve eve at 3:15 PM in the pouring rain I hop in the car and drive down to Toys R Us that's in the city. I passed 3 other Toys R Us on the way! All to get Big Bear. Kate had seen BB one shopping day and fell in love. It just had to be her 3rd Santa gift and all the other Toys R Us stores were out!! My heart was full Thursday morning watching Kate with Big Bear who's twice her size! She loves him!! 



Wednesday is Christmas Eve! The 4 of us go workout at the Y and then come home to play and get ready for 1:30 church service. It was so moving! My parents met us at the church and we went to an early dinner after. 








Bob wasn't feeling well so he stayed home to rest. We missed him! Macy Brooks took some pictures after she finished eating!

When we get home it's time for a couple presents! My parents gave Kate a Frozen robe and Macy Brooks some walkie talkies!





We gave Mom and Viv a new canvas of the girls! I want one too! I cried when I got them delivered and wrapped them up. I am so thankful to be their mama!






Girls head off to bed and Santa comes! Kate got Big Bear, a scooter & helmet and a makeup kit. 


Macy Brooks received a bigger bike & helmet, karaoke machine and kinetic sand. That sand is awesome! It's so calming and pretty fun to play with!




Macy Brooks woke up first and crawled in our bed about 7:15. We snuggled and got up to wake up Kate. We went in Kate's room and MB tells her "it's time to get up, it's Christmas!" 

Kate opens her eyes and says, "Is Santa down der?"  So cute!! Macy Brooks goes "he left presents, so see ya later!" and turns to leave the room. It was hilarious! Hey I woke her up, now I'm off to see what he left! 












We had breakfast casserole and blueberry muffins and then the adults opened some gifts. Denny had a new picture frame for his desk and new hat.







Gigi and Papa gave the girls some new outfits. They are growing so fast! A lot of the clothes we purchased for this winter are already too small!



Kate opened a new CD player with microphone. She's going to love it! 



Dad and I look rough in this picture, but I still love it!




This is blurry, but I still love it!



A little parade snuggling on Big Bear with my new blanket!


Dad and Macy Brooks playing some cards that were in her stocking! 


It was a great day! I accidentally gave Dad Denny's present, so he opened the jacket I bought for Denny! Whoops! Dad seemed sad when I took it away! After Kate's nap we had a late lunch/early dinner and then Mom and Dad went home. The 4 of us went for a bike ride to the pond. It was fun! So many neighborhood kids were out and we enjoyed the fresh air! We sat down near the pond and threw in some rocks. All of a sudden the girls were hugging me and it felt so good! 




The girls got a second wind about 6:30 right when the adults were exhausted!! The last hour and half of the day was a little rough! We put on Frozen and then the girls took a bubble bath. We were all in bed about 9:30! It was a Merry Christmas indeed!

Jesus was truly our focus this Christmas season. I'm so thankful he was talked about more than Santa. One night this week, Macy Brooks was praying for our dinner and she "thanked God that Jesus was borned."  I'm always Hyper aware about the Santa/Jesus mix, so I'm glad the girls know what Christmas is truly about. I'm glad we only do 3 gifts to match the wise men bringing 3 gifts to Jesus. 

Thank you God for sending your son as a baby to rescue this world. 





No comments: