Wednesday, March 18, 2009

6 Months

Hey buddy-We're only 2 and 3/4 hours into your 6 month birthday and Mommy's not doing so good. I really can't miss work today so we've got to pull it together! I'm sure you've got it together just fine up there praising our Heavenly Father 24 hours a day, but I'm still here on Earth with an aching heart.

Look how cute you were so early. I had a feeling you'd be handsome:) Mommy's missing you so much. I still long to have you here with me. I want to see you rolling over, sitting up, smiling and making a mess with baby food. I wouldn't mind if you still weren't sleeping through the night either:)

I still wish God would have let me keep you. A few hours ago, while walking with a friend, I realized I'm still searching for answers, Why? And tonight while I'm not sleeping, I can tell there's still a little anger inside. I'm mad and sad, but mostly just sad and disappointed.

God is using you sweet boy to do a lot of good. I am thankful for that. People are praying like never before. They are hugging their babies tighter than before. I know you have helped grow some people's faith. You're lucky. Lots of people yearn for God to use them in big ways and with you he did! You are so special.

And missed. Did I tell you I missed you? Tons? Sometimes I think, "if I could just hold you one more time." But, I know that wouldn't do the trick either.

Make Mommy proud and keep on praising and worshiping! I'm asking Jesus to give you an extra hug for me tonight. I love you so much and am lucky I got to know you for a wonderful 39 weeks.

13 comments:

Tonya said...

Praying for you today.

Love,
Tonya

Laura Ripley said...

Oh that sweet sweet baby. We all love him and miss him with you. I'm sorry for your aching heart. I pray that this new little baby will bring you some comfort. Never replace, but just fill your arms up. I feel so much joy when I think of Brooks in heaven with our great Lord. Thanks for the pictures. I always enjoy looking at his precious face. Love you.

The Carroll's said...

Praying lots today!

sjefferson said...

I hate that time keeps marching on and each 18th is a painful reminder of your loss. They say time heals all wounds, but I'm not convinced. Only our Father can do that. I wish I could do something to bring him back. But since I can't, I love the thought of knowing sweet Brooks is praising God FOREVER! Do know that I am praying so very hard for you and Denny and this new blessing. I just can't wait to hear those screaming cries in August! Won't we all be rejoicing over that awesome sound?! Love you!

gillian said...

Heard of your story through a friend of a friend. I am a "blurker" I hate to admit but I read your post today and wanted to let you know you are in my prayers every day. It blows me away at the impact your sweet Brooks made even though he was on this earth such a short time. I think as parents we hope that when our children leave this world, they leave it just a little better than when they arrived. You should be SO PROUD that your Brooks did just that.

Unknown said...

praying for an extra special dose of peace and comfort for you and denny today!
i pray you are feeling good!!

much love to you!!

Summer Pendley said...

We're still praying Ashly...I can imagine that there are lots of mixed emotions dwelling inside of you right now...sadness in missing Brooks and hope in meeting your new angel. I'll pray for strength for you today and in days to come! Love, Summer :)

jennifer said...

thought about you three today, but praying for your #4. Im praying for you to experience the fruits of the Spirit today and to not let satan get a stronghold anywhere, not even on an anniversary...he has no power over life. love yall

Brenda Albright said...

such a sweet letter to brooks! praying for peace and comfort for you and denny today!

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Ashly I am so sorry for your hurt! I am continuing to pray for Baby T but at the same time for you and Denny and your aching hearts. I know it puts a huge smile on your face to think about Brooks with our Lord singing his praises!! We love you both!!

The Gordon Family said...

I thought of you day, all day! I know your heart was so heavy. I know how heavy your heart is, how many answers you are searching for - leave it with God, someday we will understand. I love you and am here always. Maybe we can walk today.

Kimberly Jones said...

Ashly, I wish I could make this hurt better, but I know God is working on that through all the prayers being offered up! Brooks has touched so many lives, mine included. What a precious little face! I love you!

Karin Coibion said...

I have been doing a lot of dishes lately... which translates into a lot of praying for you and your family. It hit me Wednesday that it has been 6 months since Brooks was born. I have to admit, a lot of anger and sadness resurfaced in my heart again too. Keep leaning on our Lord for strength! Love you.