On Wednesday, Brooks' 6 month birthday, when I was feeling so down I decided it had been too long since I'd been to see the perinatologist. So I just called them up and made myself an appointment for last Friday. They didn't mind at all that I wanted to come in. The sonographer spent about 20 minutes looking at Baby T. It was amazing! They kinda treated it like it was the big 20 week ultrasound. She measured everything: brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, humorus and femur. We looked at the fluids surrounding the baby, in the brain and on the kidneys. All was looking great. The baby was extremely active during the entire session. When the Dr. came in he kept saying, "this baby sure does feel good, baby's that don't feel well do not move around like this." So that was encouraging and fun to hear! Every parent wants to know their baby feels good:)Doc estimated that baby T weighs a whopping 6 ounces. The heartbeat was around 150. One of my favorite parts was when he did an up close view of the heart. It looked just like something out of an 8th grade science book or off the discovery channel. He pointed out veins and arteries as well. Seeing things like that really make you remember just how big God is to design something so intricate and amazing.
D and I have decided to find out the sex on the baby's birthday. We are not finding out ahead of time. It's mainly my idea, but since D got to decide last year he told me I could choose this pregnancy. I have been firm in my decision-I want to be surprised at the birth...........but man was it hard not to peek when Doc told us to look away if we didn't want to know the gender. I don't know how we didn't look. We are CRAZY:) We could know if its a girl or a boy right now...wow! But we stuck to our decision and did not sneek a peek.
Anyways, the visit did wonders for my soul. So happy I made the spur of the moment appointment. Our next visit is on the schedule for April 9th and then the 17th. Thank you for your continued prayers, I'm still working on personally getting in touch with you to thank those Prayer Warriors in 'person.' Enjoy the ultrasound pictures!


11 comments:
Ashly~ I am SO glad that your doctors are humoring you by allowing you to come in and take a peek at baby T. That is awesome..and I KNOW that it did wonders for your soul :) Baby T looks GREAT..these US sounds pics are amazing to look at. We are continuing to pray for you every single day, and you are always on my mind. Hope you are having a great day! You are SO loved. And~by the way, you are VERY brave (and maybe a little crazy..hehe) for waiting to find out what the sex is, but I don't blame you for wanting the ULTIMATE surprise! I cannot wait until August! :) Love, Summer
Wow, is that not amazing to see the baby inside of you. God is so good. I'm glad that you were able to get some peace and see the baby. We are always praying for you guys. Praying for the health of this sweet baby and praying for the grief that you still feel so deeply for Brooks. Thanks for the update.
Praise for doctors that were willing to let you come right in! I'll be praying throughout the rest of your pregnancy that all of your docs would continue to be so kind and accommodating to you. I love that you're not finding out the sex of this little one- what a special treat to announce on his/her birthday!! Thanks for continuing to share with us!
So great to hear....and see! It's amazing to see ultrasound pictures and imagine that little one squirming around and growing big and strong. Thanks for letting us in on your journey. Your family is still on our prayer list!
-heather merriam
Precious pics! The profile ones are always my favorite. I am so glad you got that time with the baby and the ultrasound!
Still praying for you. Thanks for the sweet comment. Oh, BTW, I now pray for you at his 8am feeding. :-) His schedule changed. :-)
The US pics are so amazing to see. It is so cool that they let you come in and take a peek. :) I don't know if I could have looked away when they said too...I would have to know. I am always amazed at those who can wait for the surprise at the end!!! I am so excited for you both and I can not wait to meet baby T. :)
Continuing my daily prayers for you...Stephanie
oh, i'm so glad you got to see baby T!! isn't the most special thing...
the ultrasound pics are great :o)
still praying why i dry my hair each day...
Ashly,
I'm so proud of you for making that appointment just because you wanted to...and maybe needed to also!! It was so worth it to get all that good news, huh? At my bible study last night, we prayed for you, baby T, and Denny. You all are constantly on my mind!
I am so glad everything is going so well for you & everything looks perfect! I am still praying for you each night. I pray for the health of this baby & that each of us that you & Denny have touched with your story can absorb a portion of your worry. I'll continue to check in here to see how your progress is going. Take Care!!!
What a great post. I read your last one too and it is true that your little Brooks is making many moms hug their babies tighter :-). We're still praying for you at bathtime and Ellison asks me who you are so you'll have to meet her soon. I love that you're waiting to find out the gender. It is a sweet sweet surprise.
Hey Ash~ Hope you're doing great...I'm a little anxious for an update OR a belly pic...I'll take either one..lol!
Hope to talk to ya soon! Take care & try to get some rest and good food! :)
Post a Comment