Thursday, May 14, 2009

Late night Blizzard=BIZARRE Dream

I wanted to share my insane dream I had last night:

So I'm at home in labor that is not painful at all. There is this random, single, 19 year old girl in my home who really really wants a baby. Shortly before delivery I agree to give her this baby. (yeah right! after losing 3 babies, I'll just give you my 4th! don't think so!) So I give birth to the baby, a boy, standing up in the bathroom(it didn't hurt and didn't really seem to be a big deal) I handed the baby directly to this random girl and she frowns and squirms away saying, "no, I don't really wanna hold him." Right then I decide there's no way I can give this girl my baby-she won't even love him. And I mentally struggle on how I can possibly tell this young girl I've changed my mind and I'm keeping the baby for myself.

I lay the baby on the bathroom counter and hop in the shower. I get completely dressed and ready to leave the house for dinner at my friend Sarah's house. As mom and I pull up at Sarah's (husband is no where to be seen this entire dream) we realize we forgot the baby! I run in and casually announce I left something at home and we scurry home like mad-women to get the baby off the bathroom counter! I never cleaned him, snuggled him, dressed him or fed him. What a terrible mother! Who leaves their own baby at home? I call my grandmother when we're almost home and ask her to run upstairs and check on the baby. She does and he ended up being fine. Then I woke up!

I was so out of sorts from the mentally draining dream that I was breathing really hard and sweating. D wakes up (I must have really been loud for that to happen) and asks me what's wrong. It was crazy! No more Dairy Queen before bed!

I have another crazy story to post about a doctor's visit this past Monday. I just need to download the picture to go with it. Stay tuned, because it's somewhat close to UNBELIEVABLE and no, no one slipped up and told us the gender:)

Thanks for praying, I'm so thankful for all the prayers on our behalf.

7 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Wow! I'm praying you don't have any more dreams like that or nightmares. But the no pain in labor sounds pretty good ;)
Many hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Unknown said...

what a crazy dream!!
no more late night treats for you before bed--although, dq blizzard's are yumm-o!! {good call}

i can't wait to read your next post...you have me intrigued!!

Laura Ripley said...

Ha! I can't tell you how many crazy and vivid dreams I had when I was pregnant. I don't typically dream except when a baby is on the way. I do know they are very normal during pregnancy. Sounds like your right on track.

Stephanie says said...

That is such a crazy dream! :) I think it must be something about pregnancy that causes such crazy and vivid dreams. My dreams were so crazy and I don't know if it was my nerves coming out, but I was always dreaming about misplacing my baby or forgetting them somewhere. I always dreamed I was having a girl, but ended up with a boy....maybe you are having a girl since your dream was about a boy! ;)

Summer Pendley said...

Ashly~ That is a CRAZY dream/nightmare/whatever it was! Lol! Maybe have the blizzard a little earlier in the evening???

And, um...now that you've mentioned the Dr. visit on Monday, I am on the edge of my seat wanting to know..."What happened???" I can't take the suspense...I'll be checking back soon! :)

Kimberly Jones said...

Those crazy pregnancy dreams!!!! I am laughing because I had DQ on Tuesday night....ice cream, yummy!!!

Beth Goff said...

That's pretty crazy!!! Do tell the next story!