Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Bittersweet Mother's Day

It's the only way to describe the day. I gotta confess that I'm pretty annoyed at the fact this is technically my second(4th if you count our other two babies that didn't make it as far) Mother's Day and I'm still not snuggling a newborn babe. It's not right. I cannot express how much I miss my little boy. It feels like some kind of cruel joke that I visit the cemetery this weekend instead of the park. That friends and family have been so kind to call/email/text me 'Happy Mother's Day' but baby Brooks-a-million isn't here to celebrate.

On the other hand, how lucky and thankful am I to be experiencing a healthy pregnancy for the 2nd year in a row. Baby T has made it a good night by moving all around and punching and kicking me! I love it when Baby T does that:)

My Momma
I'm convinced I pretty much have the best mom in the entire world! She totally and completely rocks. Mom and I talk daily multiple times per day. Usually they're 5 minute chats, but we've also been known to talk for an hour or more. She knows when I'm down in the dumps and not telling her. My mom will drop everything and do whatever it takes to be with me when I need her. She never complains about her painful arthritis or lets on when she's hurting. Mom is an amazing wife, who's super considerate and extremely selfless. She is the best Mimi to baby Brooks and Baby T. She never waits until their birthday to start talking to and loving them. See, I told ya she's the best:)
Mom, I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you and am so very thankful for you. Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Tonya said...

I thought about you yesterday. I'm sure you missed Brooks with every ounce of your being. I felt Grady's absence in everything we did. I wish I could give you a ((((BIG HUG))))! Maybe we'll meet in person one day! So glad Baby T behaved for you yesterday! Missing Brooks with you...

Love,
Tonya

Unknown said...

what a sweet post ashly and very honoring for you mom!!
i thought about you yesterday.
praying for you and baby T each time i dry my hair :o)
{i NOW enjoy drying my hair b/c it gives me a chance to pray for baby T and your precious family}

i'd love to meet you if you and denny come to visit deborah anne & scott sometime :o)

have a blessed monday...

Kimberly Jones said...

I thought about you yesterday! I prayed for you because you were on my heart! Thanks for my Mother's Day message. I am so thankful for your friendship!!! I LOVE YOU! I am glad Baby T was wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

Beth Goff said...

Ash I LOVE the new picture at the top of the blog. It's just so precious. I am praying for you all the time and I know God will bless you!

sjefferson said...

Ash,
You know, you have every right to feel annoyed. Four long years of hopeful expectation takes its toll. I'm thankful for your strong faith because it inspires me! I'm also thankful for Brooks life and that I had the unique opportunity to meet his cute little self. I hate what you've suffered through and that he isn't here! I pray all the time for baby T and I can't wait to here those screaming lungs. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

Love you friend!
Sarah

Sara Price said...

I said lots of quick prayer bursts for you yesterday! Love ya!

Summer Pendley said...

Ashly~ These pictures of your mom are great! You are very fortunate to have her..and her you! :) I feel the same way about my mom...I am glad that you were able to celebrate her this past weekend, and that baby T is moving and shakin' in that belly! What a GREAT feeling and a reminder of all of the fun times to come! I, of course, thought of you, and I knew that you would probably be overcome with mixed emotions, which is completely understandable. We're still praying..and asking God to give you happiness, reassurance, and peace during this pregnancy. Can't wait to see ya'll Friday! :)