Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Birthday Gift

A healthy report for Baby T!! Monday was our 21 week ultrasound appointment with the perinatologist (and the 1st of many 29 yr old birthdays for me!). All of Baby T's parts were measured and they all appear to be within 'normal range.' It's amazing what all they check. We looked at the bladder, kidneys, brain ventricles, heart & chambers, mouth, nose(to check for a cleft palate) and counted all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. The humerus and femur bones were measured to check the growth. To estimate the weight the sonographer measured Baby T's waist. The weight was estimated to be exactly 1 pound! Big ole' baby :) The baby's heartrate was 150 beats per minute for those who want to use that wives tale to guess the gender. And while we're on the subject, no we did not find out the sex. It was hard, but we remained strong in our decision to be surprised.


Here's verse 2 of 2 on peace that I referred to a couple posts ago:

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Crush him God, stomp on him good!

9 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Awesome report!! What a cute baby :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Unknown said...

i was so excited to see you that you posted an update!!
God is so good!!
You look GREAT!!

Praying, Praying, Praying for you each day!!

Summer Pendley said...

Yay for this wonderful update! The Lord is SO good..I am so happy to hear that all is lookin' good with baby T! Can't wait to see him/her!!! And, you look AMAZING girl! :)

Tonya said...

So happy to hear that you had a great report on Baby T, little cutie pie! Praying for you! Oh, and thanks for posting that verse, I needed it today and it spoke to my heart! God bless~

Love,
Tonya

Laura Ripley said...

Look at that sweet face! I can't wait to meet this precious baby.

Stephanie says said...

What a great B-day present!!! You look so good Ashly! I am so happy to hear that things are going so well. I love the ultrasound picture!

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It has been a while since I have checked your blog...I couldn't remember the address (it just came to me) and you are 1/2 through a pregnancy...It REALLY has been a long time!!! I have thought about you frequently over the last few months. I'm glad you are doing soo well. I'm also glad you are seeing a perinatologist. It gave me alot of peace to see my babes soo often. Are you doing the lovenox? You probably don't have time to write, but let me know if you have any other questions...love the picture at the top of your blog too. So sweet. I KNOW the anxieties you feel... Keep praying... Wishing you many blessings.

Christopher, Alicia, and Avery said...

Hey girl,

I've been meaning to write ever since your post when you said you guys wern't going to find out. I was hoping you would change your mind but no such luck....good for you! By the way you look great. I still haven't lost all the baby weight and Avery is 11 months! O'well it will soon enough! Hang in there and keep those updates coming as we're thinking and praying for you guys all the way in Alaska:)

Our Journey to Africa said...

Great news! I was looking for this post all week last week, on pins and needles. Still praying for you on this miraculous journey.
Blessings!!
~audrey