Sunday, April 26, 2009

Honoring Brooks

On Saturday Denny and I participated in the March of Dimes walk to help raise money that will help moms have healthy, full-term babies and deliveries. We did not raise our own money, but contributed to our dear friends' Jeff & Katie's fund, so they invited us to join their walking team. It was such a special morning. I'm not being lazy when I do this, Katie just said everything so perfectly that I'd like to have you click over to her blog here and read about the day. If I wrote my own post, I'd just be repeating what she said. It's so wonderful to have a friend in my life (and neighborhood!) that completely understands what it's like to suddenly lose a child.

Thanks Katie, for writing such a great post and being able to eloquently state all my feelings:) We had a great time at the walk and can't wait for next year!

P.S. Our "big ultrasound" is tomorrow at 1:30. Please be praying for a healthy baby and a calm momma!

3 comments:

Summer Pendley said...

Absolutely...you know I'll be praying! Please let us know how it goes...AND..if you decide that you MUST know what you're having, you can tell us that too! Haha! J/K!

Our Journey to Africa said...

Love your new page. I can't remember who lead me to your blog, but I'm following and praying. Looking forward to a GREAT report from the ultrasound/appointment. Blessings!
~audrey

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Ashly,
I've been praying about your "big ultrasound" - how did it go?
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda