We had a very merry Christmas celebrating with family and our sweet gift from God. D and I combine families at Christmas and it always makes for a great time. This year was especially fun...we had 13 people at my parent's house! It was us 3, my mom and dad, Denny's mom and dad, his aunt, uncle and their 2 boys, his sister and husband and his brother and girlfriend with his 2 kids! It was a busy and lively home. Several times Denny and I caught ourselves tearing up watching our baby girl celebrate Jesus' birth. We are so happy she is with us! We never take one day for granted!The grandma's got their fair share of snuggles.


Little Macy B. met her cousins, Reece and Mary

We ate and ate and ate!

We played games and drank wine.

We talked about how thankful we our for our Savior, Jesus Christ and that Macy Brooks is here in our arms.
Christmas morning was so bittersweet! I really tried to step back and soak in every moment. I've thought about Christmas mornings with a baby in our home for 4 years now, ever since we conceived our first baby. I took it all in. The sights, the smells, the memories, the laughter, everything. It was fabulous. I kept thanking God over and over again for all our many blessings. We missed Brooks-a-million so much. Our families did a great job of remembering and honoring him. Denny's mom gave us a beautiful silver ornament that hangs on a stand. It has his name and birthday engraved on it on one side. The other side has a sweet saying about Christmas in Heaven and it came with a poem I will post in it's own entry soon.

Denny and I exchanged stockings only. In mine was one of the best gifts I've ever received. It's called a "remembrance ring." Its perfect and simple! The ring is silver and has Brooks' birthstone! I love it:)


Macy Brooks opened her first stocking too! She got praise baby DVD and a pair of pajamas! Everyone else really spoiled her this year. She got so many nice things!

We are looking forward to 2010 and can't wait to see what God has in store for our family!
6 comments:
Ashly, I was waiting on your Christmas pictures! I teared up when you talked about taking it all in, and experiencing Christmas with a baby after FOUR long years of dreaming of it. Ashly...you and Denny deserve this gift of Macy B, and I am SOOOO happy for ya'll! I think I am your biggest fan....or one of them, b/c I know others would give me competition for that...haha! I love them and YOU!!!! Love Macy B's gifts and YOURS! Wow! Go Denny!
I'm so glad yall had a nice Christmas and that you finally experienced Christmas morning with your precious baby in your arms! The remembrance ring is beautiful. I really enjoy my ring with Andrew's birthstone, so I know you'll cherish yours for years to come as you remember Brooks! Much love!! Sarah :-)
So glad you had a great one- Jarod bought me the same emerald ring after we lost Tatum, then surprised me with the pink one in the hospital before we had callyn. I love them and they look so cool stacked!! Maybe you could talk your hubby into buying you one for Macy:)))
So glad you had such a special Christmas! That precious baby girl is so beautiful. I am so thankful for our friendship and for being able to watch you and Denny enjoy being the amazing parents you are! I love you all!
It looks like your Christmas was so amazing!!! I can't believe how much Macy B is growing! She is too cute! Can't wait to see you all again!
So glad that you had a good holiday. They just get better and better the older she gets. Talk to you soon. We need to get together.
Post a Comment