Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tucker's in 2009

I've seen this idea on many blogs last year and this year and loved it! What a great way to sum up 2009 for our family!


January~ I was depressed, but trying not to be. On somewhat of a whim my mom and I went to NYC with Sarah and her mom. We had a blast and it was just what I needed! I came home and the next day I was very sick with a high fever(I never get fevers!) and I discovered I was pregnant with Macy Brooks! I laid in bed for a few days praying day and night the high fever wouldn't hurt our newest miracle.

February~ I began leaning hard into the Lord to take over my mind and fears that were racing through it. I had a battle with GUILT and I won! I also posted a picture that the hospital took
March~ I announced our pregnancy to the blog world and had almost 100 people(some I know and some I didn't!) commit to pray for our pregnancy and delivery. It was an amazing thing that our family will never forget. I absolutely cannot wait to share it with MB and tell her how loved she was before she was even born! My own prayer life jumped to a whole new level by all the prayer warriors outpouring of love and support.

We also celebrated our boy's 6 month birthday. Grief was still sending me into nights of sleeplessness and I often blogged in the middle of the night.


April~ I celebrated my 29th birthday in the most amazing way:) A healthy report at our 20(21) week ultrasound. We stayed firm in our my decision to keep the sex of Baby T a secret and we had the sonographer mail the gender picture to my friend Jen in California so she could pick up a few things for us and have them here when the baby arrived! It was so worth the wait!












May~ I celebrated an extremely bittersweet Mother's Day. I also wrote this insane post about a doctor's visit (click here)


June~ We celebrated a bittersweet Father's Day and D's birthday. Denny is the most amazing daddy to his son and daughter!










July~We spent a lot of weekends at the lake(my parent's house) to pass baby waiting time. Plus we were saving all our vacation time for maternity leave so we didn't go anywhere else:)



August~The first part of the month was very difficult. It was a minute by minute struggle to focus on things above. I worked hard to keep satan out and the Lord in! Little Macy Brooks arrives on the 19th and we are overcome with joy like we have never known! She's amazing! Support and prayers continue to fill our lives.
I fall in love with this man all over again as I watch him with his daughter.
September~ We go to the beach with our 7 week old and had one of the best vacations ever!

October~ Fall was so much fun in the Tucker home. Macy Brooks continued to light up our lives as we saw her discover her world.




November~What a busy month! I resigned from my position at the church to stay home and raise this baby girl. Looking back, it was a tough decision, but really the best one we've made. The Lord has confirmed this leap of faith over and over in recent days and we are so thankful! The baby and I traveled to California to visit Jen(I would link to her blog, but it is taking her somewhere around 4 months to decide on a blog name, so it's not up and running yet!) and to be with Denny on a long business trip in San Diego.

We returned home briefly in time to wash clothes and re-pack for my cousin's wedding in North Carolina where I was the matron of honor. The wedding was so much fun and the bride was beautiful! Daddy cared for MB all weekend, on his own most of the time while I was attending luncheons, pedicures, rehearsals and such. They were great together! MB did fabulous being tossed around by family members, skipping naps, taking bottles and going to bed way past her bedtime:)


December~ Our first Christmas as a family of 3! We told baby girl all about her Savior's birth. She wore fun Christmas outfits and had a camera in her face most of the month. She turned 4 months old and is trying new things all the time. Rolling over, wanting to sit, eating cereal, constant talking and laughing and loving life!


We were extremely blessed in 2009! Thank you Lord for continuing to heal our hearts and to live life with our baby girl. We love you!


9 comments:

The Gordon Family said...

Love it Ash! What a difference a year makes and how great is our God to let us experience this joy. Thank you for letting me be a part of it all. Love you

The Carroll's said...

What a year for the Tucker's! Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Macy Brooks is just gorgeous! Love her sweet smile! Glad you are home with your girl but we miss you at work :) Roll Call is not the same without you!

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Love this idea...what a year for the Tuckers!! God is good! Love you and cant wait to see you!

Jason Pendley Photography said...

I absolutely LOVE this post Ashly! I'll probably be reading it again and again....so glad I was able to share in some of your special moments in '09! Can't wait to see how the Lord will continue to bless you, Denny, and MB in 2010! :) Love you lots! :)

~Summer

Stephanie says said...

What a neat idea! 2009 was a great year! Thanks for sharing...it is neat to see how much MB has changed! She is so beautiful! Her smile lights up the room!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I loved your year in review and seeing all of the pictures of you pregnant with MB. You were truly glowing and a beautiful pregnant woman! (I've always been envious of cute, little pregnant women because I've never been one!) I didn't realize that you resigned from the church. I guess I missed that on your blog somehow. I actually sent you an email to that address in Dec when we went to the Married Life Goes Live Christmas. I hope you are doing well, enjoying being home with sweet MB. Love and blessings for your family and this new year!

Tonya

Amber said...

Love it! Your journey wasn't easy, but your faith and love are stronger because of it. MB is beautiful. :)

Becca Daws said...

Love this! And you!

Emilie Smith said...

Ashly, I am so happy for your year. Macy Brooks is so sweet and I know she is such a delight to you and Denny. You are a pretty mama : )