Thursday, February 18, 2010

Holy Cow, We have a 6 month old!!

I cannot even express how quickly the past 6 months have gone. I still cannot believe we have a 6 month old baby girl, or even a baby girl, or even a baby! We are completely lovin life with her. I know I've said this before, but MB is such a joy! She is truly happy about 99% of the time.

God has definitely entrusted us with a precious gift. We are incredibly thankful.

Here's what your up to these days sweet baby girl:

Eating: you LOVE food! Definitely a Tucker! So far you have tried and loved....sweet potato(1st food), avocado, banana, oatmeal, rice cereal, squash, peaches and pears. You usually have a fruit mixed with a cereal around noon and 2 vegetables around 5:30 or 6. Daddy and I cannot shovel it in quick enough and heaven forbid we walk away to grab your sippy cup or something! Whew, you'd think we were pinching you! I've been making all your food so far and I really enjoy it. It's super easy, very nutritious and inexpensive. I bake the food (if needed), puree it in my food chopper, usually adding some breast milk, and then pour it into ice cube trays to freeze. Once it's frozen overnight, I put the cubes in a dated and labeled freezer bag.

I still nurse you 6 times a day, or every 3 hours. You can make it 4 if I push you, but we both enjoy the 3 hour routine. Mommy has a hard time eating enough calories to make a lot of milk, but she does her best and drinks a ton of water!

Sleeping: Nighttime sleep was a little challenging from 4-5.5 months. Just recently have you began your old good sleeping routine of 7:30-5 (sometimes 6) eating a quick bite and then until 7:30-8am. You had your first little cold and Daddy and I played around with not swaddling you and it made for a rough few weeks. So, we still swaddle you and you still love it. We wrap you up and a peaceful, relaxed feeling comes over you! So sweet! Hopefully you won't still be swaddled when you go to kindergarten!

You still take 3 naps a day. I lay you down around 9am and you can sleep anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours, just depends. Then there's a quick nap about 1:30-2:30 and one from 4-5:30ish. I've tried to help you switch to 2 naps, but we both became exhausted and you made it clear you weren't ready:)

Playing: You play very well on your own. Love your floor nanny, somewhat enjoy the exersaucer and doorway jumper. Most of the time you're content to lay on the floor with a blanket and a few toys. You recently got bored with your rattles and baby toys so daddy and I went to the consignment store and picked up some big girl toys. You love them! Lights & music-it's all very entertaining! And of course, anytime anyone talks to you, makes funny faces or plays peek-a-boo you are so happy:)

What's new: You can almost sit up by yourself, won't be long now. Sitting in the boppy with a toy in front of you is a new favorite activity. If you get your paci in your hand just right you can put it in your mouth. Peek a boo is our newest game. You've also found your feet and are constantly playing with them. It snowed 3 inches in Georgia so we of course had a snow photo shoot. Discovering your voice and all the different sounds it can make is probably my favorite activity you do right now. It's incredibly sweet to hear you talk. Makes Mommy tear up!

Your 6 month checkup is in a couple days, but our baby scale is measuring you just over 15 pounds! No teeth in sight just yet, but you sure do work those gums!

Mommy's Favorites: I LOVE waking up in the mornings hearing you laugh, play and talk to your ceiling fan. It gets Mommy's day started perfectly every time. I literally wake up with a smile on my face each day! Watching you learn new things is pretty neat too. It's amazing how you just know what to do next. Taking you in public and hearing people talk about how beautiful you are is so much fun. I'm used to doing it to other people's baby's and now people are doing it to ours!


Happy Half Birthday Sweet Love!

6 comments:

sjefferson said...

I love that little snuggle bunny in her pink snow suit! I'm so happy for you guys that you were given such a beautiful gift like Macy B. She really is such a happy baby! I can't wait for Grey to get here and see how they are together. He's definitely in for a treat! :) Can't wait to see you two on Sunday... I need MB snuggle time!

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

She is just beautiful, Ashly! She's gonna be a heartbreaker! I'm so glad she's filled your lives with so much joy!

Jill said...

Beautiful girl! And on a personal note, I love reading the details here as I find it very educational since you are just 3 months ahead of me. Thanks for documenting!! =)

Stephanie says said...

I can't believe it! Time really does fly by! She is so beautiful and her smile just lights up the room! Hope to see you soon!

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Sweet girl..just love her. I cant believe it has been 6 months. She is growing so fast. Loved seeing yall the other week and getting in some squeeze time with MB. Hope to see you soon!

Kimberly Jones said...

I love that sweet baby girl! I wish I saw her more...we will have to come visit and let her and Cohen play. I love wathcing you and Denny enjoying every moment with Macy B...she is such a joy to everyone around her!