Macy Brooks wants to show you her room! This picture was taken in January, which is why she looks so little:)

This is the view from the door... Her room is on the back of the house, which I really like.


This is on the same wall as her closet. I found this shelf at Hobby Lobby to hold some of her nick nacks and precious gifts. The pink and green Macy Brooks canvas is from Shannon. She had a friend of hers make it. (Shannon, will you leave a comment with her info?) I love it! Over the 2nd "o" in Brooks is a small halo to represent her brother in Heaven, so thoughtful!
My MIL, Viv, gave Macy Brooks the beautiful sterling silver cup with her initials on it. She can teethe on it and leave her little tooth impressions!
The card holder also came from Hobby Lobby and it's been perfect for holding her friends' birth announcements and party invitations.
Any guesses on where I bought the pink hooks? That's right, Hobby Lobby (I love that place!) For now, its displaying a few of her sweet outfits! Later, we might hang play jewelry or something fun!
It's not pictured, but under the pink hooks is a large basket that houses all of MB's blankets.

We of course had to go with the hot pink curtains:)

I picked out the Penelope bedding from PBK shortly before MB's 20 week ultrasound. I had the sonographer send a "money shot" to my friend, Jen in California. I sent her money to either purchase the bedding if it was a girl or hold on to if it was a boy and not needed. She did a great job of keeping such a fun secret! She purchased the bedding and shipped it to me the day she was born. It was great having the bedding arrive just a couple days after being home from the hospital!
I skipped out on the bumper, but splurged on the quilt and it's hanging above her bed. Her crib is from Babies R Us and it will make a big girl bed in the all too near future :( She's growing so fast!

Here's a collage of some fun items. The first picture is the blanket basket, then 3 clear jars holding: leggings, pacis and q-tips. The last picture is her nightstand containing books and a lamp from, you guessed it, Hobby Lobby. Finally is our rocking chair.

On top of her changing table system sits one of my favorite gifts from my friend Michelle. She hand painted these 3 bird paintings to match her bedding. Aren't they cute? It's so thoughtful how people have incorporated her brother....look at the green piece in the center. That bird on the top looking down, represents Brooks watching over us! Love it!

And of course, here is sweet Sierra guarding the door. She sits perched here whenever we are in the nursery. She's the sweetest!

10 comments:
Love these pics of MB's nursery! It's so funny that you decided to keep the blue walls. We had decided to do the same if this baby was a girl. I love the blue that we picked for Grady's nursery, and I was going to get some girlie bedding from PBK, too. Since this baby is a boy and since the nursery is still set up 17 months later, I will just re-wash everything and put it back for this baby to use. Clothes and all. Hope you're doing well!
Love,
Tonya
I'm more than happy to promote the artist behind the cute MB canvas. Erin is from Bluffton, SC but she'll ship anywhere. You can view more of her work and "shop" her adorable stuff at her site, thepeanutpaintshop.blogspot.com.
I love that pic of Sierra!!! Thats what Lily used to do (before she got too old and lazy to make it up the stairs!) lol
Love the pictures and the sweet nursery, I have seen it a million times but not with all the detail you captured in the photos! I love you friend, love that we have our babies here on earth to love and hold till we get to be in heaven with our angel babies, I know they are having SO much fun waiting on us!
I love Macy Brooks room, it is so sweet and girlie! Can't wait to see that sweet girl soon.
So much fun! I love all the little girlie details that you did! :o) It was so good to see you last weekend! I am glad that you and Denny could make it. It was so much fun! See you Sat!
Thanks for sharing the sweet nursery! I think it's precious and I love how you have reminders of Brooks in there too. So thoughtful.
I love her room! It's a perfect balance of sweet and girly! She is such a cutie! Love you!
SO glad that you posted these pics...I have been wanting to see the nursery. I love love it!! See you this weekend!!
It is so cute and so perfect! Love it!
Post a Comment