Saturday, April 10, 2010

He is Risen!!

We had a great Easter this year, celebrating with Denny's parents. It was low key family time, which is just our style.

The meaning of Easter was greatly emphasized this year by Macy Brooks' presence in our family. God CHOSE to give up his only son. He CHOSE it. When you think about that, it seems completely crazy:) Who would actually sacrifice their son to save a sinful world? Easter really led me to think about Brooks even more so than usual. I want him here so badly. I'd never choose to give him up. I would have done anything to keep him here with me. And now that God has let us keep Macy B for awhile, I absolutely cannot fathom handing her over to save a bunch of sinners like us. But God willingly gave up his son, Jesus. He did it to save us! What an incredibly gracious God we have. His love for us is amazing!

Here are a few Easter pictures! It sure was fun having a baby in the house this year:) Thank you, God for your wonderful gift of dying on the cross and for our sweet baby girl!








8 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

So true, Ashly! I'm so grateful for Jesus' unfathomable sacrifice! And by the way, Macy Brooks just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Sweet pics..she is getting so big. I think Denny was in heaven today..lol!
Hope you enjoy the bags of goodies!!

jennifer said...

Macy Brooks, I miss your little face and need to see you asap. Those cheeks need to be pinched =) Oh yeah, and I need to see your mommy ;)

Stephanie says said...

She is getting so big! She is just too cute!

Tonya said...

Love the pictures! Especially the one of MB and her Grandma looking at each other. I missed Grady on Easter more this year than I thought was possible. I, too, am SO very thankful for Jesus' death and resurrection and what it means for us. Happy Belated Easter!

Love,
Tonya

The Gibbs Family said...

Beautiful post ;-)

sjefferson said...

I felt the same way Easter! I was so thankful for our sweet little Grey that was kicking around in my belly. After waiting for so long to feel those kicks, it made me more fully understand that we really do server a living God. I also can't imagine giving Grey up for a sinner like me! No way.

On another note, that Macy B is getting too big! Those Easter pics make her look so grown up. I have to admit it makes me a little sad.

Rachael Walkup said...

Macy Brooks is so beautiful!