Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday, Macy Brooks!

Happy Birthday!! How are you 4 already?!?


We are incredibly thankful God has blessed us with you in our family! You came into my life and brought me the greatest happiness I had ever known! I look back on your infancy and first years and have nothing but the best of feelings. You truly light up our lives!

To say you love the water would be an understatement. Watching you swim is so fun. You absolutely love it and are very good at it! This summer has been the year of learning to dive down under for toys. And complete handstands! When we were at the beach and I was playing with you in the ocean, you'd constantly look at me and say "I love you!" And I think it was because I was doing your most favorite activity with you. I was speaking your love language to jump waves all day with our water bug.


Macy Brooks, you love to sing! It's been fun to hear you really listen to lyrics and get into worship music. Now that you pay attention to what's on, we pretty much only listen to christian radio or CD's! There's so much trash on the radio these days! But you can belt out some songs!


You're 3 closest friends are G, Caroline and Lucy.  Caroline is in your class again this year and ya'll can't get enough of each other! Lucy is a sweet friend you see at church and you guys are a lot alike! Friends will continue to shape you and I'm thankful you have 3 sweet girlfriends who are being raised in the Lord.


We are all things princess these days. Loving all things girly. Everything is pink! Dress-up, dancing, twirling and wearing jewelry are favorites. Dress up dresses must be comfortable! You will not sacrifice comfort for beauty-just like your mama :)  This summer you have only worn the same 6 dresses! The mere suggestion of shorts is out of the question. There are so many clothes in your closet that have gone untouched this summer. 

No more naps! Sad for Mama who now works part time from home and needs that nap time! I still send you to your room for quiet time, where you lay in bed for a little bit and then get up and play or watch a show. At night you sleep 7:30-7:30 and still don't get out of bed on your own. You call for us and we come in. 



Kate is truly your best friend and I pray she always is. You guys play very well together. Kate's still not talking great, but you always understand her and sometimes I ask you for translation! Kate adores you and I know she always will. You have big shoes to fill with someone looking up to you. If you stand with your hand on hip, she does too. If you run away while we try to kiss you goodnight, she does too. When I'm not right with you guys, you turn into the little Mama. I love watching you take care of her and look after her! Every afternoon, you can't wait for her wake up from nap so you can play. Sometimes you even make her go to the potty with you! I guess that's what girls do, huh?!? 



You LOVE to make up words! It kinda drives us crazy! After a lot of sentences you'll add "boodle." What is a boodle? And you just laugh (and so does Kate!) and laugh. So silly! 


It's no secret around here that 3 was a rough age for you. There was major disobedience with little caring that you did so. I'm really looking forward to 4. I've already seen some glimpses of you growing up the past couple weeks and it is a beautiful thing. There have been amazing conversations and I enjoy hanging out again! We've recently been on a couple dates and had the best time. It's fun to keep you up during nap time and go out just you and me. 

You are still super funny! Always want to be on the go. Love going to the YMCA, Waffle's House, Chick-fil-a, CBS, school and anywhere we may need to go. You love your mama very much, but are also becoming a Daddy's girl. When you are hurt, that's who you ask for. 

 To celebrate your last day as a 3 year old we all went to the Braves game! It was a great day.


It drizzled on us for the first little bit, but ended up being a nice day that wasn't too hot!



"C'mon Kate, let's run!"

 We arrived home just in time to make rice krispy treats with sprinkles for your class tomorrow!



Baby girl, we truly could not love you more! God has created something very special in you. You love Jesus, your family and friends so well. I am very proud of you. Thank you for making me the Mama I always dreamed I would be! You have healed our hearts after losing your brother just by being you. You are amazing and we love you! I hope you have a great birthday and feel very loved! 


No comments: